Table of Contents
The sewing machine is an important part of the sewing section of the garment manufacturing process. However, a sewing machine is a textile garment machine that is used to stitch fabric, accessories, trimmings, paper, cards, and other materials together with sewing thread.
Basic Sewing Techniques
The following are the basic sewing procedure of a sewing machine. They are-
Turn on the sewing machine
Attach the Presser Foot
Positioning the Fabric
Cut the Thread
Sewing Machine Maintenance System
It is important to take proper care of the sewing machine. In fact, maintenance of the sewing machine ensures long-lasting service of the machine. Additionally, the operator of the sewing machine should be careful about the maintenance of the sewing machine otherwise it could find different technical problems during sewing or it may not function properly. Moreover, different sewing defects of the fabric could arise due to a lack of maintenance of the machine. So, maintenance of the sewing machine plays a vital role in the sewing operation. So, one should follow the following maintenance system for a sewing machine that can ensure proper sewing operation of the sewing machine. They are-
- Firstly, one should read the user manual of the machine provided by the machine manufacturer.
- Secondly, the sewing machine should be set as the guidelines for setting and then starting the sewing operation.
- Thirdly, make clean the machine after using it if there is any dust produced during sewing.
- After that, the machine should operate carefully and it should not give extra pressure if a thread is stuck in the bobbin case.
- Moreover, it needs to use good quality accessories for sewing.
- Lastly, it is essential to put good quality lubricants regularly in the right place of the sewing machine.
Points Need to Consider Before Purchasing a Sewing Machine
It is essential to consider the following points before purchasing a sewing machine. They are-
- The sewing machine seller’s background
- Manufacturing experience of the seller
- Customer feedback regarding the sewing machine
- Lastly, after-sales service of the sewing machine manufacturers.
In above are all about the sewing procedure, maintenance of the sewing machine, and the considering points before sewing machine purchasing. So, one should give consider the features of the sewing machine which is fitted best for his or her use.