In apparel manufacturing; sewing machines are used for joining the fabric parts which are supplied from the cutting section. Various types of stitching are done in the sewing section with the help of a needle. Also, various accessories are sewed by this machine.
Application of Sewing Machines In Apparel Manufacturing:
I like to give a list of sewing machines that use in apparel manufacturing and their application area. The following are the list of sewing machine along with their functions in apparel sewing. They are-
- Lock stitch/Plain/Regular sewing machine: This type of machines is used for all types of garments.
- Two needle lock stitch machine: This type of machines are used for decorative purpose. It is used specially for sew woven fabric.
- Chain stitch machine: It is used for sew both knit and woven fabric.
- Double chain stitch machine: It also used for both knit and woven fabric sewing.
- Over lock machine: It is used for knit and woven fabric sewing. In shirt over lock is used in side seam, arm hole and sleeve.
- Safety stitch over lock machine: It is used for give safety sewing in side seam, arm hole and sleeve of a shirt. Knit and woven fabric both can be sewing by this machine.
- Flat lock machine: flat lock machine is used for covering chain stitch. Flat lock is must for producing knit wear. Bottom hole is produced by this machine.
- Feed off the arm or Flat seamer with cylinder bed: It is used specially for the sleeve inseam joining and inside seam joining of the pant.
- Button hole machine: this machine is used for make hole in the apparel.
- Button sewing machine: this machine is used for sew the button with the apparel.
- Bar tack machine: Bar tack machine is mainly used in pant for belt loop joining, pocket corner and zipper fly.
- Blind stitch sweing machine: This machine is used for special purpose. It is used for sew bottom hem of the pant.
- Kansai special machine: For special purpose this machine is used. Front flacket and waist band of pant is sewing by this type of machine. Also this is a two needle machine but distance between two needles will be 0.5 to 2.50 inch.
- Pocket sewer machine: It is specially used for sew pockets of the coats and blazer.
Different sewing machine manufacturers have produced these types of sewing machines. Sewing machine facilities are differing from one to another. Before buying a sewing machine one should follow the facilities of sewing machines which are given by the machine.
So, the Garments sewing machine should be the latest for applying the latest technological knowledge to apparel.