Packing is one of the most important parts of the apparel manufacturing process. After completing the entire manufacturing task, apparel is required to pack. In the finishing section, packing is the last step before storing. Various types of packing are done and it depends on the type of apparel. After packing, it is placed in the carton as per instruction. After cartooning, the carton is stored in-store section. Then the carton is delivered from the store for export.
Types of Packing in Finishing Section:
Different types of packing are done in the finishing section. The following are the most used packing types.
- Stand up pack : Shirt (900 angle)
- Flat pack : Sportswear/ shirt/ trouser
- Hanger pack : Blazer, coats, pants etc
- Semi stand up pack : Shirt
- Half fold pack : Pant
Types of Carton Packing:
After packing, cartooning is done according to apparel size and color. The most used packing types are given below.
- Solid color solid size pack
- Solid color assorted size pack
- Assorted color solid size pack
- Assorted color assorted size pack
Carton pack may be varying according to the buyer’s requirement. Carton pack may be as –
- 12 pcs / carton
- 24 pcs / carton
- 36 pcs / pack
So, in the finishing section, the finishing in charge should be careful during the packing and cartooning tasks.