Hi-tech textile fibers are mostly re-generated with high physical and chemical properties. Basically, various natural and synthetic fibers are used to manufacture conventional textile products. On the other hand, different types of hi-tech textile fiber are used to produce technical textiles. However, technical fibers obtain from synthetic fiber through the modification process. To clarify that, I can give an example of a technical fiber that is used for making an aircraft. The aircraft is known as the “Dream liner” Premier of the Boeing 787, which started on July 7, 2007. This aircraft is achieved through the breaking application of carbon fiber technology. That was the most advanced passenger aircraft ever, quieter, passenger-friendly, and environmentally friendly.
Top Technical Fibers for Technical Textiles:
Technical fibers use for manufacturing technical yarn. The following are the technical fiber that uses for technical textile manufacturing. They are-
- Conventional fibers such as cotton uses for technical textile manufacturing.
- Regenerated fibers, synthetic fibers such as Viscose Rayon, Polyester, and Nylon also use for technical textile manufacturing.
- High strength and high modulus organic fibers such as Carbon fiber.
- Highly chemical and combustion resistant organic fiber such as cotton fiber uses for technical textile product manufacturing process.
- High performance inorganic fibers such as Glass fiber, Basalt fiber is another type of technical fiber uses for technical textile production.
- Ultra fine and novelty fibers such as Micro fiber uses for manufacturing technical textile.
In sum, above all are the most common technical fiber that uses in the technical textile manufacturing process. The manufacturers are trying to introduce different types of technical fiber for the modern demand.
I have written about the application area of technical textiles in our modern life in one of my previous articles. So, technical fiber has great importance in the technical textile manufacturing process.
Finally, the use of technical textile products increases rapidly.