Points Need To Be Considered Before Marker Making: Following points are required to consider before marker making. They are –
- Selection of marker width in relation to fabric width. i.e. Fabric width = 45’’, Marker width = 44’’, 0.5 to 1 inch minus from fabric width.
- Select number of pattern pieces should be in the marker. i.e. 1, 2, 3 or more garment.
- Selection of pattern set. i.e. 1, 2 or more set.
- Selection of grain direction or line.
- Selection of fabric characteristics.
Above points are the most important for marker making. If the selection of items for marker is perfect then marker efficiency will be high.