Button Sewing Machine
The Button sewing machine is used for garment sewing because a huge amount of apparel is made here. The button can be sewed by hand but it is used for bespoke garment making. The button sewing machine is used to sew the button to adjust with the apparel. Generally, a lock stitch or chain stitch is used to sew the button.
Sewing Techniques Of Button Sewing Machine
The following are the sewing techniques of button sewing machines for the apparel manufacturing process. However, this sewing sequence is preferred for a sewing machine that has a zigzag setting. Additionally, most of the well-known sewing machines have a button-attaching foot available for attaching buttons to the garment. The sequence is done step by step. They are-
- Firstly, put the button on a foot that will work with a zigzag stitch.
- Secondly, it needs to setting the machine to the zigzag mode and determine the zigzag width using the hand wheel slowly that will work for the button.
- Thirdly, it requires to lower the feed dogs.
- Then, the machine is ready to perform the stitching.
- Therefore, sewing machine operates to sew the button to attach it to the fabrics.
- Finally, after completing the sewing operation, there are two threads on top and two threads on bottom appear in the fabric which needs to remove to secure the button. It must to ensure that there are not any small piece remaining in the fabric.
Features of Button Sewing Machine:
The features of a button sewing machine are given below.
- Buttons with 2 holes, 4 holes or shanks can be sewn on the same machine.
- Buttons can be placed manually or by a magazine.
- Generally the needle has a vertical movement only.
- Button is moved from side to side by the button clamp.
- Machine has a number of stitches. i.e. 16, 24 or 32 are adjusted.
- Button can be sewn using lock stitch or chain stitch.
So, if you want to sew a button, you have to use a button sewing machine.