Over lock sewing machine is used to form over lock stitch. It is used to sew both knit and woven fabric. Side seam, armhole and sleeve of a shirt are sewing by over lock stitch also inseam and side seam of a pant sew by over lock machine. So, over lock sewing machine has a great importance in apparel manufacturing.
Features Of Over Lock Sewing Machine in Garment Manufacturing: The features of over lock sewing machine are given below.
- Over lock machine makes an edge finish as well as to sew seams.
- In one operation; cuts off the fabric to smooth edge and wraps thread around the edge.
- A simple over lock machine has 1 thread and 2 loopers and works with 3 spools or cones of thread.
- Speed of over lock sewing machine is up to 8500 rpm.
So, when you will work with over lock machine, you have to aware about the general properties of the over lock sewing machine.
Bar tacking sewing machine is important one in apparel manufacturing. It is used to form lock stitch.
Features Of Bar Tacking Machine: The features of bar tacking machine are given below.
- Bar tacking machine provides forward and backward stitching in short length (about 6 cm) and sew a dense tack.
- Bar tacks containing 18 to 72 stitches, has option to change stitch density.
- Bar tacking machine based on lock stitches.
Uses of Bar Tacking Machine in Apparel Sewing: The uses of bar tacking machine in apparel sewing are given below.
- Bar tacking sewing machine is used to secure pocket corners, belt loops, the open end of a button hole, zipper flies.
- Bar tacking machine is also used for small decorative tacks and shapes.
So, that’s all about bar tacking sewing machine.
Button sewing machine is used for garment sewing because huge amount of apparel is made here. Button can be sewing by hand but it is used for bespoke garment making. Button sewing machine is used to sew the button to adjust with the apparel. Generally lock stitch or chain stitch is used to sew the button.
Features of Button Sewing Machine: The features of a button sewing machine are given below.
- Buttons with 2 holes, 4 holes or shanks can be sewn on the same machine.
- Buttons can be placed manually or by a magazine.
- Generally the needle has a vertical movement only.
- Button is moved from side to side by the button clamp.
- Machine has a number of stitches. i.e. 16, 24 or 32 are adjusted.
- Button can be sewn using lock stitch or chain stitch.
So, if you want to sew button, you have to use button sewing machine.