Textile engineering degree is one of the demandable program in Bangladesh. As we know that, Bangladesh is a leading garments manufacturing and exporting country in the world. For fulfilling the demand of textile engineers. The government of Bangladesh runs eight textile engineering colleges under department of textiles.
- Textile Institute, Chattogram
- Textile Institute, Tangail
- Textile Institute, Natore
- Textile Institute, Rangpur
- Textile Institute, Dinajpur
- Shahid Abdur Rab Serniabat Textile Institute, Barisal
- Textile Institute, Khulna
- Textile Institute, Bhola
- Shaheed Kamrujjaman Textile Institute, Manda, Nawgaon
- Begum Amina Mansur Textile Engineering Institute, Kazipur, Sirajgonj
In Bangladesh, students who passed S.S.C or equivalent are eligible for getting admission in diploma institute. Above textile institutes are run by Department of Textiles (DOT) in co-operation of the authority of Bangladesh Technical Education Board and with compliance to the order of the Institution of Textile Engineers and Technologists (ITET). Some ongoing textile institute projects are waiting for the approval of parliament. Ministry of textile and jute is focusing to establish textile institutes to build up technical personel for upcoming demand in the textile and apparel market.
Textile diploma course is divided for four major subject. They are:
- Apparel Manufacturing
- Wet Processing
- Fabric Manufacturing
- Yarn Manufacturing
In Bangladesh, public textile institute has enough facility for the students, where students get their lesson with wonderful academic environment. Most of the institute has the following facility.
- Cotton spinning building
- Wet processing building
- Fabric manufacturing building
- Workshop building
- Jute shade building
- Residential halls for accommodation
Every year, department of textile (DOT) publish admission circular for the textile institute. Student can get admission in the textile institute by facing admission test. After completion of diploma course students can complete B.Sc. in Textile Engineering.