Characteristics Of Zigzag Twill: Characteristics of zigzag twill is given below.
- By the reversing of the direction of the twill at suitable intervals, zigzag twill is produced.
- Sometimes it is referred to as Pointed Twill because a point is created in reversing point.
- Zigzag twill is used for producing shirt, pant, figured or ornamented design, Upholstery, Wall covering and many more weave.
Classification of Zigzag Twill: Zigzag twill is classified into following two ways. They are-
- Horizontal zigzag twill
- Vertical zigzag twill
Features of Horizontal Zigzag Twill:
- In the repeat, the number of warp yarn is doubled to the number of weft yarn.
- Horizontal zigzag design is done by Point draft.
Features of Vertical Zigzag Twill:
- In the repeat, the number of weft yarn is doubled to the number of warp yarn.
- Straight draft is used for this weave.
That’s all about the characteristics of zigzag twill.