Table of Contents
Zigzag Twill Weave
Zigzag twill is the most important derivative of twill weave. Various types of ornamented designs are done with this type of twill. When the twill direction frequently reverses at suitable intervals either across the width or along the length, Zigzag twills are produced. Basically, it is the combination of S twill and Z twill. Normally, heavy twills are made on point drafts. Here, I have written about the features of zigzag twill.
Properties Of Zigzag Twill Weave
The following are characteristics of zigzag twill weave. They are-
- Firstly, by reversing the direction of the twill at suitable intervals, zigzag twill is produced.
- Sometimes it is referred to as Pointed Twill because a point is created in reversing point.
- Lastly, different ornamented design is produced by this design.
Types of Zigzag Twill Weave
There are two types of zig-zag twill that are formed according to the reversing of the twill direction. The following are the types of zigzag twill weave: They are-
- Horizontal Zigzag Twill Weave
- Vertical Zigzag Twill Weave
Features of Horizontal Zigzag Twill Weave
The following are the features of horizontal twill weave. They are-
- Firstly, in the repeat, the number of warp yarn is doubled to the number of weft yarn.
- Secondly, horizontal zigzag design is done by Point draft.
- Thirdly, basic twill runs along the warp direction.
- After that, the twill direction reverses upon the warp after the basic twill.
- Therefore, it starts to change direction when finished basic twill repeats and makes the point in the moment of change.
- Lastly, this weave can be made from any continuous twill.
Features of Vertical Zigzag Twill Weave
The following are the features of Vertical twill weave. They are-
- Firstly, in the repeat, the number of weft yarn is doubled to the number of warp yarn.
- Secondly, the Straight draft is used for this weave.
- Thirdly, the basic twill runs along the weft direction.
- After that, the twill direction reverses upon the weft after the basic twill.
- Therefore, the change direction starts when the finished basic twill is repeated and makes the point in the moment of change.
- Lastly, it can be made from any continuous twill.
Uses of Zigzag Twill Weave
Zigzag twill weave is used to make different types of decorative products. The following textile goods are made from the zigzag twill weave. They are-
- Figured or Ornamented Design,
- Wallcovering and many more weaves.
In sum, there are lots of features of zigzag twill weave.