In winding process; yarns are transferred from one package to another. During winding process; the tension of the yarns should be in controlled, otherwise yarn breakage will be increased for high tension or low tension will hampered the winding operation. So, tensioning device plays an important role in winding.
During the time of winding; to give proper tension to the yarn is the object of a tension device. Tensioning device is used to control the tension of the yarn. If the yarns are irregular or thick or thin place is in yarn then it have chance to break down due to over tension.
Effects of tensioning device: During winding, tension is applied on the yarn stand. Tension may be high or low. Tension has some effects, which is required to know. Followings are the effects of tensioning device.
- Too high tension can damage the yarn. Breakage rate may be greater due to high tension. Too high tension also changes the elongation property.
- Too low tension can lead to unstable or loose package which will not unwind clearly.
- Variation in yarn tension in different parts of wound package can cause undesirable package.
- Tension also effect on manmade filament yarn. It can cause molecular changed in their physical structure. It also effects on the color shading.
- For too high tension, staple or spun yarn may break at thin place.
Requirements of tensioning device: There have different factors which influence the selection of tensioner. Followings are the requirements of tensioning device.
- The tension must be reliable to control uniform tension.
- Tensioning device must be threaded.
- It must neither introduce non magnify tension variation.
- It must not introduce difference in twist.
- It must not be affected by wear.
- It must be easily adjustable.
- It must not be affected by presence of oil or dirt.
- It must not encourage the collection of dirt and lint.
- It must be capable of easy cleaning.
- The operating surfaces must be smooth.
- It must be inexpensive or cheap.
- It must be simple in design or operation.
- It must not be cause of yarn damage.
- Tensioning device should be like that it would not affect the properties of the yarn.
So, design of the tensioning device should be perfect.
Yarn guides are the one of the helping instrument to control the yarn path. Yarn guides are required to perform the winding or unwinding process properly. In every operation where yarns are transferred from one package to another, yarn guides are required there. Yarn guides are used during winding, warping, beaming and weaving process.
In winding and unwinding it is necessary to control the yarn path. For side withdrawal it is possible for the yarn to pass along a smooth varying yarn path. But for over end withdrawal the yarn must be controlled by placing guides along the yarn path.
Yarn guides are normally made of hard smooth steel or ceramic. Different yarn guides are made by the yarn guide manufacturer. Yarn guides should be perfect in size otherwise winding process will be hampered. The yarn path should keep clean during withdrawal of the yarn. Yarn cleaner also placed along the yarn path.
Types of yarn guides: There are two types of yarn guides which are used during withdrawal or unwithdrawal of yarn. They are:
- A yarn end is required for threading: It takes extra time in threading. So, speed of operation is increased. The yarn experienced more friction. Shape of the yarn guides are may be as follow:
- Ceramic insert type
- Trumpet type
- Bush or roller type
- A yarn end is not required for threading: Threading is very easy. So, the speed of operation increased. The yarn experienced less friction. Shape of the yarn guides may be as follow:
- Pig tail
- Slotted type
- Post type
So, yarn guide plays an important role in winding operation. We should be careful during the selection of yarn guide.
Yarn is the final product of spinning process. Yarns may be carded, combed or rotor. Any types of yarn which is produced in spinning that may have some faults; it requires removing for getting better weaving efficiency. To perform this, a device is used that is called yarn cleaner.
Yarn cleaner: Yarn cleaner is the device which is used to remove the faults of yarn. Yarn cleaner is used to increase the yarn quality and weaving efficiency. Following yarn faults are removed by yarn cleaner.
- Thick and thin place in the yarn.
- Slubs and neps of yarn.
- Loose fibers of the yarn.
- Foreign materials of the yarn.
During operation it should ensure that the yarn cleaner is clean otherwise their contamination with dust may cause additional knots. So, we should keep clean the yarn cleaning device.
Types of yarn cleaner: There are different types of cleaning device which is used for clean the yarn. Followings are the most used yarn cleaning device.
- Ordinary metal sheet type
- Comb type
- Ordinary metal slit type
- Blade type
- Disc type
- Capacitance type
- Solar type
Use of yarn cleaner: The scope of yarn cleaner use is one of the most important factors. Yarn cleaner is used for the following cases.
- Before the pirn winding.
- Before the beaming of warp or weavers beam.
- Mounted on the winders behind the tension device.
So, yarn cleaning device is essential for remove unwanted faults or defects of yarn. Various textile machine manufacturing companies are produced yarn cleaning device. Choose your favorite one from there.