Winding is the process of transferring yarn from one spinning bobbin to another suitable package to facilitate subsequent processing. Although Winding is classified in different ways but depending on the density of the package, the winding is classified as:
- Precision winding
- Non-precision winding
When the successive coils of yarn on a package and laid close together and parallel or nearly parallel with each other, then it is possible to produce a very dense package in which the maximum amount of yarn is stored in a given volume is called precision winding.
Features of Precision Winding:
There are a lot of features of precision winding. The following are the features of precision winding. They are-
- Firstly, reciprocating motion uses to wound the package.
- Secondly, patterning or robbing causes damage to the package.
- Thirdly, it contains more yarn.
- Then, its stability is low.
- After that, it is hard and more compact.
- Next, flange uses for this process.
- Therefore, packages are dense.
- At the same time, the unwinding process rate is low and the process is harder.
- Lastly, the wound coil arranges in parallel or near parallel.
Non Precision Winding:
This type of package consists of a single thread which is laid on the package at an appreciable helix angle so that the large cross one another and give stability and a less dense package is produced is called non-precision winding.
Features of Non-Precision Winding:
The low-density package produces the non-precision winding. The following are the features of non-precision winding. They are-
- Firstly, only one coil uses for this process.
- secondly, winding performs at a cross angle.
- Thirdly, minimum yarn is stored.
- Then, packages are soft and less compact.
- After that, the stability of this package is high.
- In fact, it is a low-density package.
- Moreover, flanged is not necessary.
- Lastly, the unwinding rate is high and the process is easier.
Differences Between Precision Winding and Non-Precision Winding:
The following are the differences between Precision Winding and Non-Precision Winding. They are-
|Precision Winding||Non Precision Winding|
|The wound coil is arranged parallel or near parallel.||The coil is cross-wise wound.|
|The yarn density of the yarn package is high.||The yarn density of the yarn package is low.|
|The stability of the package is low.||The stability of the package is high.|
|The unwinding rate is low and the process is harder.||The unwinding rate is high and the process is easier.|
|The yarn package is hard and more compact.||The yarn package is soft and less compact.|
|The flanged package may be used.||The package is not necessary to be flanged.|
|Difficult to dye, only the surface of the yarn is dyed properly.||Easy to dye in the dyeing process.|
|the process is less hairy.||The process is hairier.|
To illustrate, after the winding process, warping and sizing perform to make a weavers beam to facilitate the subsequent weaving process. In modern times, different types of precision and the non-precision winding machine is manufactured by different manufacturing companies.
1 thought on “Features, Difference Between Precision And Non-Precision Winding”
Please how thus the Non -precision winding works please