Covering chain stitch is special types of stitch. It is widely used for sew coushion cover. According to the British standard 3870 and ISO 4915:1991, covering chain stitch is classified as class 600. Flat lock sewing machine is used for formation of covering chain stitch.
Features of Covering Chain Stitch: The features of covering chain stitch are given below.
- Covering chain stitch is formed from three thread system.
- The cover thread lie on the top surface and are held by the needle threads and looper threads.
- It is especially used for making flat, extensible seams in knitted fabrics.
Uses of Covering Chain Stitch: The uses of covering chain stitch are given below.
- It is used for the edge covering of cushions.
- Covering chain stitch is used for sleeve hemp and bottom hemp.
- It is also used for decorative purposes.
So, covering chain stitch has a great importance in garment sewing.