Over Edge Chain Stitch
Overedge chain stitch is used for inseam and side seam of apparel. It is classified as class 500 according to British standard 3870 and ISO 4915:1991. Overedge chain stitch is formed by an overlock sewing machine.
Properties of Over Edge Chain Stitch:
The features of the overedge chain stitch are given below.
- Firstly, over edge chain stitch is formed by one or more needle and or looped thread.
- Secondly, in this process; at least one thread passed around the edge of material.
- Thirdly, over edges stitches used to neaten and to bind the cut edges.
- Lastly, it may be 3, 4, 5 thread over edges.
Application of Over Edge Chain Stitch in Apparel Sewing:
The applications of over edge chain stitch in apparel manufacturing are given below.
- Over edge chain stitch is used for side seam of the shirt.
- It also used for in seam and out seam of trouser.
- It is also used in dresses sewing.
Types of Over Edge Chain Stitch:
Depending on the number of needles and looper is used for stitch formation, the over edge chain stitch is classified as below.
- 3 thread over edge chain stitch: One thread for needle and two for looper.
- 4 thread over edge chain stitch: One thread for needle and three for looper or two needle and two looper thread.
- 5 thread over edge chain stitch: Two thread for needle and three for looper.