Computer color matching system (CCMS) is the latest system to predict and analyze the color of the sample. It is mostly used for wet processing section. I have mentioned about the functions of CCMS in one of my blog. Now I like to present an idea about the different parts of a CCMS or how a CCMS is arranged and functions of different parts.
Computer color matching system was first established in 1963 by ICI dye stuff division for color matching prediction in their lab only for their customers. But CCMS was commercially introduced by International Color System (ICS) in 1973. Now CCMS is developing by different CCMS manufacturing companies. Among all of them DATA COLOR is best in this regards.
Following basic things are considered for CCMS:
- Spectrophotometer is the main color measurement instrument.
- Reflectance from a mixture of dyes or pigments applied in a specific way.
- To judge the closeness of the color matching, optical model of color (CIE Lab/ Hunter Lab/ XYZ Model) is used.
Different parts of computer color matching system: CCMS has different parts by which it runs. Followings are the main parts of CCMS.
- Computer: Computer is needed for CCMS. In this system special software is installed in the computer before run the CCMS. Spectrophotometer and printer is joined with the computer. When spectrophotometer analyzes the color the results show in the monitor and if needed results could be print out by the printer. All the information is send from the hard disk of the computer.
- Spectrophotometer: Spectrophotometer is the main instrument of CCMS. Spectrophotometer has a sample holder in the middle of the front side. The sample holds on there. Then it takes the reflection of the light and analyzes the depth of the color and shows the results on the computer monitor. It also makes decision about the fastness properties of the sample.
- Printer: Printer is joined with the computer for printing the results.
So, computer color matching system is the best way to find out the solution about a sample color. Try to use it in your practical life. If you have better idea let me know.