Fabric Yarn Measurement
In fabric structure; it is important to know, how much yarn is lengthwise and width-wise. To know the number of yarn in a specific fabric a measurement is done for this. For this yarn, an inch is measured by the magnifying glass setting multiplier. It is an offline quality assurance system.
The Magnifying Glass
Magnifying glass consists of a convex lens which uses to produce a magnified image of an object earlier. However, a mounted lens is usually used in a frame with a handle. Further, it can be used to focus light, such as to create a hot spot at the focus for fire-starting by concentrating the sun’s radiation. Even more, a plastic Fresnel lens is sold as a TV-screen magnifier. In fact, the magnifying glass is an icon of detective fiction.
The magnifying glass uses in the textile and garment sector for measuring different quality parameters following that, CPI, WPI of the knit fabric, and EPI, PPI of woven fabric is measured by this magnifying glass.
CPI And WPI Measuring System:
In knit fabric, yarn is measured in the course and Wales direction. When CPI means the yarn is in course per inch and WPI means Wales per inch of the knit fabric.
Measure the CPI & WPI with the magnifying glass setting multiplier:
The following are the measuring steps of CPI and WPI with the magnifying glass. They are-
- Firstly, take the fabric and marking 1 inch with the ball pen according to the Course & Wales wise of a knitted fabric.
- Then set the marking point with the multiplier scale & counting the CPI and WPI of knitted fabric in 1inch.
- Lastly, Wales Per Inch (WPI) and Course Per Inch (CPI) is counted by the magnifying counting glass.
EPI And PPI Measuring System:
In woven fabric, EPI and PPI are measured by the number of yarns in a fabric. EPI means ends per inch and PPI means pick per inch. The number of yarn in the warp direction is measured by EPI and the number of Weft yarn in the fabric is measured by PPI. In weaving, the beam is prepared by analyzing the fabric by magnifying glass setting multiplier.
Measure the EPI and PPI with the magnifying glass setting multiplier:
The following are the measuring steps of EPI and PPI with the magnifying glass. They are-
- Firstly, take the woven fabric & marking 1 inch with the ball pen according to the warp & Weft wise of the woven fabric.
- Then, set the marking point with the multiplier scale & counting the EPI & PPI of woven fabric in 1 inch.
- Finally, Ends Per Inch (EPI) and Picks Per Inch (PPI) are counted by the magnifying counting glass.
So, calculate CPI and WPI for knitted fabrics and EPI and PPI for woven fabrics.
6 thoughts on “CPI And WPI / EPI And PPI Measuring System With The Magnifying Glass Setting Multiplier”
I m interested about this site. I want to take it my profession .
Please send me the information regarding textile fabric such as EPI, PPI, how to measure,..
How to count Wales and courses?
Ur check the texture glass very simple know check course and wales
Me all ways know
CPI & WPI knitted grey fabric testing method