I have written about working principle of computer color matching system in one of my blog. Now I like to write about the functions of computer color matching system (CCMS). All of we know that; CCMS is the system by which we can predict the shade of a sample by which we can run bulk production. Although it is a computerized system but its accuracy is fine.
Functions of CCMS: There are lots of task which could be done by computer color matching system. I like to mention most of the functions of CCMS in below:
- Prediction of color match: The main function of CCMS is to predict the color of a sample. In lab dip section it is necessary to match the shade of the sample. CCMS makes it easy to match the shade quickly. It also makes easy the work of a textile engineer who is responsible for it.
- Color difference calculation: We know that; when a sample is put in sample holder of a spectophotometer it analyzes the color of the sample. It also calculates the color difference of the sample and dyed sample which is dyed according to the recipe of the CCMS.
- Metamarism: CCMS also show the metamarism of the sample color.
- Pass and Fail option: The sample which is dyed according to the recipe of the CCMS is it matches with the buyers sample that could be calculate by this system. If the dyed sample fulfill the requirements then CCMS gives pass decision and if can’t then it gives fail decision. So, pass-fail can be decided by CCMS.
- Color fastness rating: Color fastness can be calculates by CCMS. There is different color fastness rating (1-5/1-8). CCMS analyze the color fastness and gives result.
- Shade library: Computer color matching system also store the recipe of the dyeing for specific shade. This shade library helps to find out the different documents against that shade. It is done both for the shade of sample and bulk dyed sample.
- Cost comparison: Cost of the produced sample can be compare with others. It also helps to choose the right dyes for dyeing.
- Dyes strength evaluation: It is important to evaluate the strength of the dyes which will be used for production. All of the dyes have not same strength. Dyes strength effects the concentration of dyes which will be used for dyeing.
- Whiteness Indices: Whiteness Indices also maintained in CCMS.
- Reflectance curve: Reflectance curve also formed for specific shade by which we can determine the reflection capability of that shade.
- Color strength: Computer color matching system also determine the color strength of the sample.
So, there are lots of objectives of computer color matching system. If you want, you can try to get the benefits of CCMS.