Table of Contents
Cotton yarns are the most produced yarn in the world. There are various types of cotton yarns are produced by different spinning machines. Mainly cotton yarns are divided into three types carded, combed, and rotor yarn depending on the manufacturing techniques. Each has its own characteristics. These characteristics vary according to the construction and treatment are given in the manufacture of the yarn.
Cotton is a cellulosic natural fiber. Additionally, cotton comes from cotton plants when it grows in many countries including America, India, Egypt, and others. Moreover, cotton is a seed fiber. Even more, cotton fibers convert into yarn through various processes such as spinning, weaving, dyeing, and wet processing. Besides, it uses to produce colorful threads, colorful fabrics, and blended fabrics with polyester, lycra, and other textile fiber.
Figure: Cotton Yarn
Types of Cotton Yarn Produced in Spinning Mills:
In a spinning mill; various types of cotton yarns are produced from the cotton fiber. Followings are the most common cotton yarn types. They are-
- Fly Yarn
- Cabled Yarn
- Doubled Yarn
- Novelty Yarn
- Slub Yarn
- Flake Yarn
- Spiral Yarn
- Ratine Yarn
- Loop or Curl Yarn
- Knot or Spot Yarn
- Chenille yarn
So, all of the above yarns are used in the knit or woven fabric manufacturing process.
Uses of Cotton Yarn:
The key use of cotton yarn is in woven and knitted fabric manufacturing. Hence, cotton yarn uses in clothing, homemade-up, and in various applications of other industries. In the meantime, the use of cotton fabrics depends on the applications. The following are the most common uses of cotton yarn. They are-
Clothes and Garments Industry:
- Firstly, Cotton yarns use to produce different clothing items and fabrics. Also, cotton threads are used to stitch garment items.
- Secondly, it uses to make denim products.
- Thirdly, all types of garments from jackets to t-shirts, activewear, yoga wear, sportswear, and others are made from cotton yarn.
- Then, it uses to make fine fabrics like Maslin.
- It uses to make cotton saree as well as khadi fabrics.
- Another use of cotton yarn as ropes.
- After that, use to make sewing threads.
- Lastly, cotton yarn is used to make cotton blended fabrics.
Home Furnishing Products
- Firstly, Cotton yarn uses for making bed sheets, curtains, and other made-ups.
- Secondly, cotton is used in making bed linens, pillow covers, duvet covers, and quilts due to its softness properties.
- Then, it uses to make towels, bath robes, and, bathroom rugs.
- At last, it uses to make cotton carpets, foot mats, hall mats, and others.
- Firstly, cotton yarn is used to make cloth bags, seed bags, as well as packaging material.
- Secondly, high-quality diapers for babies and baby wipes are made of cotton yarn.
- Thirdly, cotton clothes are used in bookbinding.
- Then, it uses to make mosquito nets.
- After that, cotton fabric uses in beauty and makeup parlors and saloons.
- Cotton yarn also uses to make canvases which are later used for making art (painting).
Chiefly, the above are the most common uses of cotton yarn. Overall, cotton yarn uses for making woven and knitted fabrics which are used for making different apparel in the manufacturing unit. It is true that cotton yarns are mostly used in our everyday life. The use of cotton yarns is huge in our everyday for its comfort ness and availability in the market. Although cotton is a natural fiber it needs different chemicals to process in the different stages of manufacturing. So, the manufacturer should be concerned about environmental safety for the future generations.
4 thoughts on “Types of Cotton Yarn Produced In Spinning Mills | Uses of Cotton Yarn”
We want to know the basic of yarn how.it effects in sizing.
Our main job is sizing. So, accordingly we make size reciepe
You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I
find this matter to be really something which I think I would never understand.
It seems too complex and extremely broad for me. I am looking forward for your next
post, I will try to get the hang of it!
We are from Jilani Textile – a leading yarn trader from Gujarat. Basically we are dealing in Cotton yarn. We need below mentioned yarn on regular basis.
10s OE Grey Cotton Yarn 1000-1300 CSP (polyester Blending) Economy quality – Monthly Requirement is appx. 40-50 tons.
10s OE Dyed Yarn 1200-1300 CSP ( Colours :- Red, Bleech, Maroon, Coffee, Navy blue, Royale blue etc.) (Recycled Yarn) – Monthly Requirement is appx.10 tons.
Mentioned requirement is for domestic use only.
Kindly into this for the same.
Awaiting for your valuable reply.
Thanks & Regards,
Sent me count