Table of Contents
In the spinning process; winding is the last step. After winding yarn packages are used for making woven or knitted fabrics. The winding process can be defined as the transfer of spinning yarn from one package to another large package (cone, spool, pirn, etc.). On the other hand, it can be defined as the transfer of yarn from a ring bobbin, hanks, etc. into the convenient form of a package containing a considerable length of yarn. The process of accumulating yarn on a package to facilitate the next process is called the winding process. However, the quality of woven or knitted fabrics mostly depends on the performance of the winding section.
Types of Winding
Winding has two types. They are-
- Precision Winding.
- Non Precision Winding.
Objectives of Winding Process
The winding process has some objectives. The following are the objectives of winding. They are-
- Firstly, to transfer yarn from spinning bobbin package to a convenient yarn package.
- Secondly, to improve the quality of yarn.
- Thirdly, it facilites to get suitable yarn package.
- After that, to get a quality fabric.
- Then, winding needs to get good warp yarn.
- To empty the spinner’s bobbin so that it can be used again.
- To remove dust and clean the yarn.
- Additionally, it use to reduce labor cost.
- To store the yarn.
- Lastly, to improve the efficiency of yarn for next process.
Requirements of Winding Process
The winding process should be accurate to accelerate the next fabric manufacturing process. The winding process should fulfill the following requirements.
- Winding process should be easy.
- Characteristics of the yarn should not be changed.
- Winding faults should be minimize.
- Yarn package size and shape should be suitable.
- Winding process should be economical.
- Yarn package should be cheap in cost.
- Avoid excess looseness or tightness.
- Exact package hardness.
- In winding, yarn knots should be small in size and amount of knots should be minimum.
So, that’s all about the winding process and objectives and requirements of winding.