Basalt fiber and microfiber are the most important fiber for technical textile manufacturing. In modern times, various types of high-performance textiles are made from this fiber.
Properties of Basalt Fiber:
Basalt fiber is a high-performance inorganic textile fiber. The following are the characteristics of basalt fiber.
- Basalt fiber has high tensile strength.
- It has better elongation properties.
- It has high tearing strength.
- Mostly, it has better physic mechanical properties than glass fiber.
- It is cheaper than glass fiber.
Uses of Basalt Fiber:
The basalt fiber is used in the following area.
- Basalt fiber can be used as composite materials.
- It is used as tripods.
Properties of Micro Fiber:
Microfiber is an ultra-fine fiber. The following are the characteristics of microfiber.
- The count of micro fiber is less than 1 denier.
- Nylon, Polyester, Acrylic can be used for made this micro fiber.
Uses of Micro Fiber:
Various types of wants a fulfill by using microfiber. They are-
- Micro fiber can be used for making water proof fabric or clothing.
- This fiber is used as fire proof fabric.
- It is used in windy seasons as well as cold season.
Besides these two fibers, I want to mention carbon fiber which is mostly used in technical textile manufacturing. Carbon fiber or graphite fiber is a material consisting of extremely thin fibers (0.005 – 0.010mm) in diameter and composed mostly of carbon atoms.
So, when we will do work with technical textile manufacturing, we should take in mind the properties of technical textile fiber.