List of Tools and Equipment for Pattern Making (PM):
- Working Surface: A flat working surface is required for pattern making. This surface should have polished or laminated top.
- Paper: White pattern paper or strong brown paper is required for pattern making.
- Pencils: Hard pencils are used for drafting patterns and colored pencils are used for outline.
- Marker Pen: Marker pen is used for writing instructions.
- Curved Rules (French Curves): French curves are used for drawing long curves.
- Set-Square: It is also useful for pattern making.
- Compass: Compass is used to draw a circle.
- Shears / Scissors: Scissors is used for pattern cutting.
- Measuring Tape: It is used for measurement.
- Rubbers, Scotch Tape, Scales are also used for pattern making.
So, there are lots of tools and instruments which are required for manual pattern making process.