Defects of apparel can be defined as the absence of desired features in the product or unwanted features in products or features existing in the distorted or wrong way. A defective product is not desired by any man. Defective products lose their value in the market. A product may contain different defects.
Apparel manufacturing is the most sensitive stage because it is the last stage of manufacturing before marketing. The entire consumer wants to get a product that is free of any types of defects. For this reason, manufacturers should be aware of the defects of products. In every stage of manufacturing various types of mistakes can be occurred. So we should know the defects of garments, for which it occurs, and their remedies.
Another term near to defect is called reject. Most of the people related to the garments section are familiar to reject. A product becomes a reject when it loses its salability in the market. Rejection of garments is harmful to the manufacturers. A single defect in the most visible area of a garment may make it a reject.
Causes and Remedies of Garment Defects:
Different types of accessories are used in apparel manufacturing. Mainly two types of defects found in apparel. They are non-sewing defects and sewing defects. The following are the causes of garment defects and if we can find out the garment defects then it will be easy to remove that’s defects.
The following are the nonsewing defects of apparel. They are-
- Firstly, defects due to faulty materials, like fabric, buttons, zipper etc.
- Secondly, defects due to wrong pattern, wrong marking.
- Thirdly, garment defects due to wrong spreading, wrong cutting.
- After that, defects due to wrong bundling.
- Then, defects due to staining, oil marks.
- Defects of garments also due to wrong ironing, wrong folding.
- Lastly, defects due to wrong packing etc.
The following are the sewing defects of apparel. They are-
- Skipped Stitch: Missing in loop formation and speed variation in feed dog is the main cause of these defects.
- Staggerd Stitch: This type of defect occurs for thin needle. If needle size and thread count are not matched and needle displaced then this defect also appear.
- Unbalanced Stitch: This type of defect appears due to un-uniform thread tension.
- Variable Stitch: If feed dog is not in right track then this type of defect occurs.
- Open Stitch: This type of defects occur due to blunt needle and poor strength of sewing thread.
- Needle mark: Needle is the main elements of sewing. When wrong stitching arises then this defect arises.
So, defects can be from one type of cause or both. Anyhow if we can control the cause of defects then we can control the rejection of final products. The quality control department of the industry should give emphasis to it. In every step of manufacturing, the quality department should check the quality of the product. When any types of defect appear in the product they should take the necessary steps to deduce the rate of the defect.
Lastly, a manufacturer wants a defect-free product that can satisfy consumer demand.
2 thoughts on “Types of Garment Defects | Causes and Remedies of Garment Defects”
you don’t have a solid matter asshole.