Textile engineering degree is one of the demandable program in Bangladesh. As we know that, Bangladesh is a leading garments manufacturing and exporting country in the world. For fulfilling the demand of textile engineers. The government of Bangladesh runs eight textile engineering colleges under department of textiles. In bangladesh, textile graduates can find his job very easily in the job market. Moreover, he/she can run a textile related business by using his textile educational knowledge. Textile engineer can give service in own country as well as in abroad. So, there are lots of opportunity for a textile engineer in the job market.
- Textile Engineering College, Chottogram
- Pabna Textile Engineering College, Pabna
- Begumgonj Textile Engineering College, Noakhali
- Sheikh Kamal Textile Engineering College, Jhenaidah
- Shahid Abdur Rab Serniabat Textile Engineering College, Barisal
- Bangabandhu Textile Engineering College, Kalihati, Tangail
- Dr. M A Wazed Miah Textile Engineering College, Rangpur
- Sheikh Rehana Textile Engineering College, Gopalgonj
Above textile engineering colleges are run by Department of Textiles under Ministry of Textile and jute. All of them conducted for certification of four (04) years B.Sc. in Textile Engineering degree which is affiliated by Bangladesh University of Textiles (BUTEX).
B.Sc. in Textile Engineering course is divided for four major subject. Student will choose one of the following for completion B.Sc. in Textile Engineering degree.
- Department of Apparel Manufacturing Engineering
- Department of Wet Processing Engineering
- Department of Fabric Manufacturing Engineering
- Department of Yarn Manufacturing Engineering
All of the colleges have attractive academic environment for study. They have enough facility for getting practical knowledge about this subject. Students are enjoying the following facilities. They are:
- Academic buildings
- Cotton spinning building
- Wet processing building
- Fabric manufacturing building
- Workshop building
- Jute shade building
- Residential halls for accommodation
Students can get B.Sc. in Textile Engineering degree by getting admission in textile engineering colleges.