Bed ford cord is a fancy weave. It is an important weave to produce various types of decorative and heavier fabrics.
Types of Bedford Cord:
- Plain Faced Bed Ford Cord
- Wadded Bed Ford Cord
- Crepon Bed Ford Cord
- Bed Ford Cord arranged with alternatives picks
- Twill Faced Bed Ford Cord
Properties Of Bedford Cord:
- The Bedford weaves produce longitudinal warp line in the cloth with fine sunken lines between cords.
- Bed ford cord fabrics are warp faced cloth. Cord effect is seen in face side and not in back side.
- In one repeat, two or more cords are produced.
- To give greater prominence to the cord effect, Wadding and Padding yarns are used.
- Ends and picks are always of even number.
- Pick number in a repeat size is generally 4.
- Cord effect is seen in face side.
Uses of Bedford Cord Weave:
Following products are produced by bed ford cord weave.
- Medium weight cotton or spun rayon – Ladies dress wear, sportswear.
- Heavier qualities like furnishing.
- Worsted yarn for trouser production.
2 thoughts on “Properties, Types And Uses Of Bedford Cord Weave”
i am kawaljitsingh from Amritsar punjab at India .i am study as PITT collage.i am student in textile design 5th sem iam very intrested in this site Thankyou
With best regards