Table of Contents
Bedford Cord Weave
Bedford cord is a fancy weave. It is an important weave to produce various types of decorative and heavier fabrics.
Types of Bedford Cord Weave
- Plain Faced Bed Ford Cord
- Wadded Bed Ford Cord
- Crepon Bed Ford Cord
- Bed Ford Cord arranged with alternative picks
- Twill Faced Bed Ford Cord
Properties Of Bedford Cord Weave
- The Bedford weaves produce a longitudinal warp line in the cloth with fine sunken lines between cords.
- Bedford cord fabrics are warp-faced cloth. The cord effect is seen on the face side and not on the back side.
- In one repeat, two or more cords are produced.
- To give greater prominence to the cord effect, wadding and padding yarns are used.
- Ends and picks are always of even number.
- The pick number in a repeat size is generally 4.
- The cord effect is visible on the face side.
Uses of Bedford Cord Weave
Following products are produced by bed ford cord weave.
- Medium weight cotton or spun rayon – Ladies dress wear, sportswear.
- Heavier qualities like furnishing.
- Worsted yarn for trouser production.
So, it is essential to identify bedford cord fabric.