A shuttle loom is a conventional loom type. In a shuttle loom, the shuttle carries the weft yarn through the warp yarn shed to form interlacement to produce fabric in the weaving process.
In the fabric manufacturing process, the manufacturer considers which way they will run their production unit. How much investment will be used for the business? Depending on the demand of the manufacturer, the selection of loom types varies with their target. Hence, there are two types of loom available for fabric production, such as shuttle loom, and shuttleless loom. Nevertheless, both types have some advantages and disadvantages. So, before taking a decision for the loom section, one should justify the advantages and disadvantages of both the two loom types. It is wise to take the right decision before the production run.
Types of Shuttle Loom:
The shuttle loom is divided into three types. They are-
- Hand loom : In hand loom, it is a fully manual operation.
- Power loom (Non-automatic): Shuttle changes by hand for the weaving operation.
- Automatic weaving machine: It is a power driven loom and the shuttles or pirns changes automatically.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Shuttle Loom:
There are lots of advantages and disadvantages of shuttle loom. They are:
Advantages of shuttle loom:
The advantages of the shuttle loom are as follow:
- Firstly, shuttle loom is more economical than shuttle less loom.
- Secondly, it is suitable for low scale production types industry.
- Thirdly, it is easy to operate.
- Lastly, spare parts are available in the market.
Disadvantages of shuttle loom:
Disadvantages of shuttle loom are given below:
- Firstly, shuttle loom causes more noise in the working field.
- Secondly, shuttle cause abrasion on warp yarn which increase the wastage percentage.
- Thirdly, warp breaks increases for the shuttle.
- The production rate of shuttle loom is slower than shuttle less loom.
- Equally important, shuttle flies from the shed and can cause accident.
- Additionally, high labor cost.
- The value of fabric lost because of shuttle movement.
- Efficiency of shuttle loom is less than shuttle less loom.
- Finally, it increases physical and mental pressure on labor.
So, there are lots of advantages and disadvantages of shuttle loom over the shuttleless loom. Lastly, compare the advantages and disadvantages of shuttle loom and shuttleless loom for getting appropriate decisions for fabric production.
3 thoughts on “Types Of Shuttle Loom || Advantages And Disadvantages Of Shuttle Loom”
Have a shuttle electronic looms in market like letoff,take upp. Electronic,
This is my first time I visit here. I have found so much valuable information in your blog especially its discussion. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful article. Keep up your good work.