Protective technical clothing is used for protect from various types of harm affects of workplace or environment. In our everyday life, we do more or less work; all work is not same in type. Some are heavy and some are light. When we do work we need to be careful about the safety. To be safe, one can do this by wearing protective technical clothing. Normal wear can’t give enough protection from harmful affects so we need to look after the protective technical textiles.
Now I will to give a list from what one should protect his/her body from the harmful effects.
Types And Uses Of Protective Technical Clothing
- Cold Protective Clothing: We know in winter season, temperature becomes low from the normal temperature. In this case, one should protect his/her body from the cold environment by wearing cold protective cloth.
- Sun Protective Clothing: Most of time we work in the sun light, so it needs to protect our body from the harmful affects of sun light. In this case, one can use sun protective technical clothing.
- Rain Protective Clothing: We can protect our body from rain by wearing rain protective clothing.
- Chemical Protective Clothing: It is the most important issue that the man who works with chemical he/she needs to more care full to protect his/her body from the chemical reaction. Chemical is harmful for the body. So, who works in the chemical industry should wear chemical protective clothing. In textile sector, who works in dyeing, printing, finishing, washing plant should wear chemical protective clothing.
- Rescue Service Personnel Protective Clothing: The person who works in rescue service should wear rescue service protective clothing.
- Protective Clothing for Fire Fighters: Fire fighters should wear protective clothing against fire. That is fire proof clothing.
- Protective Clothing against Thermal risk of an Electrical Arc: Electrical work personnel should use protective technical clothing.
- Protective clothing against antistatic properties.
- Protective technical clothing for welders.
- Protective clothing against cool environment.
- Scratch Protective Clothing.
- Motorcycle Protective Clothing.
- Footwear Protective Clothing.
So when you will buy protective technical textiles you have to be careful about the following factors.
- End Use
So, we see that, protective technical clothing has a great use in our everyday life.
Technical textile is the demand of modern times. It is known that, technical textile is the customer driven product. So, technical textile product is produced by the manufacturer to satisfy the customer demand. If we see then we will see that, the material which is used to produce technical textile that is mostly synthetic materials. In the developed country, the uses of technical textile are more than the undeveloped country.
Designing Sequence of Technical Textile: When technical textile is produced it is started by the order of specific buyer. Then functional requirement of that product is analyzed and design the product as the buyer requirement. Then, material is gathered for that’s product. Then, process is settled for producing the product. After completing the production, product is send to the quality control section to test the specific requirement. At last, product is delivered to the customer.
The sequence of technical textile designing is given below.
Expression of needs by the end user or customer
Technical textile design
Checking of the accordance
Delivered to the end user
So, when you will try to produce a technical textile product, you should follow the above designing sequence of technical textile production.
Technical textile is developed by technical fiber as well as technical yarn. Various types of technical yarns are developed by manufacturers. There have been many types of filament yarns which are developed for technical applications.
Technical Yarns: Followings are the most used technical filament. They are –
- Aramid Filament Yarn: Nomex and Klever by Dupont.
- Glass Filament Yarn: E-glass, C-glass, S-glass.
- Carbon Filament Yarn
- HDPE Filament Yarn : Spectra, Dyneema, Tekmilon
- PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene)
- PBI (Polybenzimidazole)
- PBO (Polyphenylenebenzobisoxazole)
Characteristics Of Technical Filament Yarn: In above I have written about various technical filament yarn name. The entire filament has not same characteristics. So it is required to know the specific characteristics of the filament yarn.
Characteristics of Aramid Filament Yarn:
- Aramid filament has high tenacity properties.
- It has high resistance to stretch, chemicals and temperature.
Characteristics of Klever Yarn:
- It is light in weight.
- Its fatigue is less.
- It has damage resistance properties.
Characteristics of Nomex Yarn: It has high heat resistance properties.
Characteristics of Glass Filament Yarn:
- It has high tenacity properties.
- It is difficult to dye glass fiber.
- It is brittle in nature.
- It causes irritation.
Characteristics of Carbon Filament Yarn:
- It has high tensile modulus.
- It is brittle in nature.
Characteristics of HDPE Filament Yarn: HDPE means High Density Poly Ethylene Filament yarn.
- It has very high specific modulus.
- It is very high in tenacity.
- It has low elongation properties.
- It has low fiber density.
Characteristics of PTFE Filament Yarn:
- Its chemical and thermal resistance is good.
- Low friction co-efficient resistance is another characteristic of PTFE.
Characteristics of PBI Filament Yarn:
- Excellent thermal resistance and good hand.
- It is used for the clothing of fire fighter, fuel handlers, welders, racing car drivers.
From the above we see that, technical filament yarn’s properties are higher than conventional yarn. Technical yarn is used for getting higher textile properties. Technical yarn is used in specific purpose. The price of technical filament yarn is higher than conventional yarn.