Over edge chain stitch is referred to as “over locking” and as the name implies. Neatening continuous seaming application is formed by this type of over edge chain stitch. It is widely used when at least one or more threads are passed around the fabric edge. They are generally used to seam and neaten the cut edge of the fabric plies. The thread is supplied from large cone for this reason it is possible to produce long stitch. For this reason production is high in this sewing operation.
Important Members Of The Over Edge Chain Stitch: Class 500: Followings are the important members of over edge chain stitch.
- Type 501: Single thread over edge.
- Type 503: 2 threads over edge.
- Type 504: 3 threads over edge.
- Type 512: 4 threads over edge.
Application Of Over Edge Chain Stitch: Over edge chain stitch is commonly used for sew knit wear fabrics. Where seam extensibility is required in stretch materials, in that’s case this type of stitching is useful.
- Over edge chain stitch is used for joining and neatening the edges of cut and sews knitwear.
- It is used for stitching underwear’s, sportswear, Lycra cycle, ski wear as well as dance wear garment products.
- T-shirt, polo shirts, tights, children’s wear also stitched by this stitching type.
- Sometimes it is used for decorative purpose.
Over edge chain stitch machine is used for stitching. Mainly this type of stitch gives a secure and durable stitch in the edge of the cut plies. It also gives smooth feelings in the edge of the garment.