Conveyor press is a fusion machine. It is a continuous method for fusing interlining with fabrics. It is most used heat pressing machine. It is more comfortable than electric iron or flat bed heat press machine. Conveyor press machine consist of a display unit, pressing rollers, feed sheet and delivery sheet.
Features of Conveyor Press Machine: The features of conveyor press machine are given below.
- Conveyor press machines are used in 100% cases in apparel industry.
- It is suitable for bulk production because it is a continuous process.
- In this machine; time, temperature and pressure are fully controlled during pressing.
Working Procedures Of Conveyor Press Machine: The working procedures of conveyor press machine are given below.
- At first, apparel parts with fusible interlining are placed on the feed sheet of the conveyor belt.
- Then time, temperature and pressure are selected for specific type of fabric and interlining.
- After that, it needs to switch on the machine.
- Then, fabric with interlining moves on into the heating zone.
- After fusing, fused fabric parts dropped on to a tray.
It is a high production method. So, if you want to run a large scale industry you have to choose conveyor heat pressing machine for fusing interlining.
Flat bed heat press machine is used for discontinuous method of fusing. It is comparatively suitable than electric iron. It is a handy machine which consist Handle, Head and Buck. Here, Head is moveable and Buck is fixed. I have written about the working principles of flat bed heat press machine in below.
Working Procedures of Flat Bed Press Machine: The working procedures of flat bed machine are given below.
- At first, fabric parts placed on the Buck.
- After that, fusible interlining placed on to the apparel parts.
- Then, Head Keeps on the Buck by Handle.
- Time and temperatures are selected for specific type of fusible interlining.
- Then, it needs to switch on the machine.
- After passing certain time, it will be fused.
- At last, we will get a fused fabric with fusible interlining.
During pressing, it is important to maintain a specific time, temperature and pressure because it determines the proper fusing. In a flat bed press machine; time, temperature and pressure are nearly fully controlled.
The advantage of flat bed press machine is that, it is suitable for small scale industry. But it is not suitable for bulk production because it is a discontinuous process of fusing. It is not suitable for apparel industry.
Electric iron is one of the important fusing machines used for making fusible interlining. Electric iron is used for batch method or discontinuous method of fusing. This method is not so suitable for large scale apparel industry. It is generally used for small scale interlining production. It is mostly used in bespoke garment making.
Working Procedures of Electric Iron for Fusible Interlining: Electric iron is used for fusing fusible interlining with the apparel. The working procedure of electric iron is given below.
- Firstly, apparel parts are placed on the table.
- After that, fusible interlining placed on the fabric parts.
- Then, pressing is done by electric iron on the back of the interlining.
- Finally, after passing certain time, fusible interlining attached with the fabric.
By the above working methods, we will get an apparel parts with fusible interlining.
Quality of Parameters: In this electric iron fusing machine; heat and pressure is not controllable and time is controllable.
The advantage of electric iron is that, the initial cost is low. But it is not suitable for bulk production because it is a discontinuous process where fusing parameters are not fully controlled by the electric iron machine.