Covering Chain Stitch
Covering chain stitch is a special type of stitch. It is widely used for sewing cushion covers. According to the British standard 3870 and ISO 4915:1991, covering chain stitch is classified as class 600. A Flatlock sewing machine is used for the formation of a covering chain stitch.
Features of Covering Chain Stitch:
The features of the covering chain stitch are given below.
- Covering chain stitch is formed from three thread system.
- The cover thread lie on the top surface and are held by the needle threads and looper threads.
- It is especially used for making flat, extensible seams in knitted fabrics.
Uses of Covering Chain Stitch:
The uses of covering chain stitch are given below.
- It is used for the edge covering of cushions.
- Covering chain stitch is used for sleeve hemp and bottom hemp.
- It is also used for decorative purposes.
So, covering chain stitch has great importance in garment sewing.