Marker making is an essential task in apparel manufacturing. To make a marker, various techniques are applied to it. The efficiency of a marker depends on the arrangement of the pattern on the marker.
Types of Marker Making:
Marker-making systems can be made in two ways. They are-
- Manual marker making system
- Computerized marker making system
Principle of Computerized Marker Making System:
The following are the principles of the computer maker-making system. They are-
- At first, pattern need to make directly by CAD or Digitized System into computer.
- Secondly, pattern grading is essential by CAD with the help of Grade Rules.
- Thirdly, for making marker need to fill up a sheet in the computer which contents.
- Marker Ratio: S: M: L: XL.
- Marker Width.
- 1 way or 2 way marker.
- Pattern to pattern distance (it depends on knife thickness).
- On the computer screen, miniatures of the graded pattern are displayed graphically.
- Therefore, press auto button within few seconds marker will be made automatically by computer.
- Finally, once the marker is completed, a full scale marker is printed by ‘’ PLOTTER’’ on a long paper sheet.
In sum, various types of software are used for making a marker in modern times in the garment industry.