In apparel manufacturing; sewing machines are used for joining the fabric parts which is supplied from cutting section. Various types of stitching are done in sewing section by the help of needle. Also various accessories are sewing by this machine.
I like to give a list of sewing machines which is used in apparel manufacturing and their application area. They are as follow:
- Lock stitch/Plain/Regular sewing machine: This type of machines is used for all types of garments.
- Two needle lock stitch machine: This type of machines are used for decorative purpose. It is used specially for sew woven fabric.
- Chain stitch machine: It is used for sew both knit and woven fabric.
- Double chain stitch machine: It also used for both knit and woven fabric sewing.
- Over lock machine: It is used for knit and woven fabric sewing. In shirt over lock is used in side seam, arm hole and sleeve.
- Safety stitch over lock machine: It is used for give safety sewing in side seam, arm hole and sleeve of a shirt. Knit and woven fabric both can be sewing by this machine.
- Flat lock machine: flat lock machine is used for covering chain stitch. Flat lock is must for producing knit wear. Bottom hole is produced by this machine.
- Feed off the arm or Flat seamer with cylinder bed: It is used specially for the sleeve inseam joining and inside seam joining of the pant.
- Button hole machine: this machine is used for make hole in the apparel.
- Button sewing machine: this machine is used for sew the button with the apparel.
- Bar tack machine: Bar tack machine is mainly used in pant for belt loop joining, pocket corner and zipper fly.
- Blind stitch machine: This machine is used for special purpose. It is used for sew bottom hem of the pant.
- Kansai special machine: For special purpose this machine is used. Front flacket and waist band of pant is sewing by this type of machine. Also this is a two needle machine but distance between two needles will be 0.5 to 2.50 inch.
- Pocket sewer machine: It is specially used for sew pockets of the coats and blazer.
Different sewing machine manufacturers are produced these type of sewing machine. Sewing machine facilities are differing from one to another. Before buying a sewing machine ones should follow the facilities of sewing machines which are given by the machine.
So, Garments sewing machine should be latest for applying latest technological knowledge to the apparel.