Lock stitch is one of the important stitch types among all the stitches. It is used to make pant, shirt, dresses and various parts of the apparels. Plain sewing machine is used for lock stitch. Plain sewing machine is also called lock stitch machine. To operate this machine, one should have practical knowledge about plain sewing machine.
Features of Lock Stitch Sewing Machine: Plain sewing machine is used for lock stitch formation. Followings are the features of lock stitch sewing machine.
- Lock stitch is formed by single needle of a plain sewing machine.
- The speed of a lock stitch sewing machine is up to 6000 rpm.
- During stitch formation; the needle thread is interlaced with the bobbin thread by means of a hook.
- Lock stitch machine can be distinguished by the winding device provided for bobbin thread.
- Programmable plain sewing machine is used for sew repetitive operation.
Lock stitch or plain sewing machine is made by various famous sewing machine manufacturers. Day by day, they manufacture such types of machine which have latest sewing technology. Brothers, Singer, Juki, Butterfly and others are the major sewing machine manufacturer.