Shuttle looms are conventional loom types. There are three types of shuttle loom. In jute mills, semi automatic and automatic shuttle looms are used for jute fabric production. All of the shuttle loom’s weaving principle are same only the process of shuttle changing is differ from one to other. In a semi automatic shuttle loom, the loom is run by power and the shuttle runs through the shed until the weft yarns are finished in the shuttle. In an automatic shuttle loom, the shuttle picks the weft cop automatic from the cop box.
Shuttle Looms For Jute Fabric Production In Jute Mills: In the jute mills, most of the operation is done by the conventional methods. But day by day, the techniques are changing for production. In jute mills, jute yarn is the main element for jute fabric production. Before entering the fabric production, the warp threads are worn in the weavers beam. The weavers beam facilities the weaving process. In the jute mills, two types of loom is used one is ordinary shuttle which is used in semi automatic loom. On the other hand, automatic shuttle is used for automatic shuttle. The size for two types of looms is different.
It is very important to know that the production rate of automatic shuttle is higher than semi automatic shuttle loom. The fabric quality of fabric depends on the weaver’s work efficiency. The weavers should have enough knowledge about the operating system.
Jute is a natural fiber. The manufacturers of jute goods are like to set up their industry within a low cost. Although, the price of jute goods are likely lower than the cotton fiber.
So, choose the best brands of shuttle loom (semi-automatic, automatic) for set up a new industry.
Shuttle less loom is the modern loom. It is used to produce high fashionable fabrics with high production rate. In the modern times, the uses of shuttle less loom are increased rapidly. Shuttle less loom has specific characteristics and applications method. The shuttle less loom has different picking method.
Types of Shuttle less Loom: Shuttle less loom is divided into three types. They are-
- Projectile loom
- Rapier loom
- Jet loom: Water jet loom and Air jet loom
Advantages and Disadvantages of Shuttle less Loom: There are lots of advantages and disadvantages of shuttle less loom. Here, I have listed the most common advantages and disadvantages of shuttle less loom.
Advantages of shuttle less loom: Advantages of shuttle less loom are given below.
- Weaving production is high due to high speed of the machine.
- It reduces the labor cost due to higher allocation of loom and productivity.
- It facilities defect free cloth during weaving.
- Shuttle less loom creates less noise.
- Pirn winding process is eliminated in shuttle less loom.
- It keeps better fabric value.
- It needs low consumption of stores and spares.
- It is easy to market trades.
- Its flanges are bigger and can accommodate 3 times and lesser wastage.
- Accident percentage is low.
- Easy maintenance and less work load for workers.
- Used for high scale production.
- Efficiency of shuttle less is higher than shuttle loom.
Disadvantages of shuttle less loom: Disadvantages of shuttle less loom are given below:
- The price of shuttle less loom is higher than shuttle loom.
So, there are lots of advantages and disadvantages of shuttle less loom.
Shuttle loom is a conventional loom types. In a shuttle loom, shuttle carries the weft yarn through the warp yarn shed to forming interlacement to produce fabric in weaving process.
Types of Shuttle Loom: Shuttle loom is divided into three types. They are-
- Hand loom
- Power loom (Non-automatic)
- Automatic weaving machine
Advantages and Disadvantages of Shuttle Loom: There are lots of advantages and disadvantages of shuttle loom. Here, I have listed the most common advantages and disadvantages of shuttle loom.
Advantages of shuttle loom: Advantages of shuttle loom are given below.
- Shuttle loom is more economical than shuttle less loom.
- It is suitable for low scale production types industry.
- Easy to operate.
- Spare parts are available in the market.
Disadvantages of shuttle loom: Disadvantages of shuttle loom are given below:
- Shuttle loom causes more noise in the working field.
- Shuttle cause abrasion on warp yarn which increase the wastage percentage.
- Warp breaks increases for the shuttle.
- The production rate of shuttle loom is slower than shuttle less loom.
- Sometimes, shuttle flies from the shed and can cause accident.
- High labor cost.
- The value of fabric lost because of shuttle movement.
- Efficiency of shuttle loom is less than shuttle less loom.
- It increases physical and mental pressure on labor.
So, there are lots of advantages and disadvantages of shuttle loom.