Flat Bed Heat Press Fusing Machine
A flatbed heat press machine is used for the discontinuous method of fusing. It is comparatively more suitable than an electric iron. It is a handy machine that consists of a Handle, Head, and Buck. Here, the Head is moveable and Buck is fixed. I have written about the working principles of flatbed heat press machines below.
Working Principle of Flat Bed Press Fusing Machine:
The following are working procedures of the flat bed fusing machines. They are-
- Firstly, fabric parts placed on the Buck.
- Secondly, fusible interlining placed on to the apparel parts.
- Thirdly, Head Keeps on the Buck by Handle.
- After that, time and temperatures selects for specific type of fusible interlining.
- Then, it needs to switch on the machine.
- Therefore, after passing certain time, it will be fused.
- Lastly, we will get a fused fabric with fusible interlining.
In sum, during pressing, it is important to maintain a specific time, temperature and pressure because it determines the proper fusing. Additionally, in a flatbed press machine; time, temperature, and pressure are nearly fully controlled.
The advantage of a flat bed press machine is that it is suitable for small-scale industries but it is not suitable for bulk production because it is a discontinuous process of fusing. It is not suitable for apparel industry.