Dyeing And Finishing Industry
Quality control plays an important role in the dyeing and finishing section of the textile industry. However, the quality assurance department performs various types of quality test in the dyeing and finishing section. They check the shade of finished dyed goods and measure the fastness properties. If the dyed goods have enough fastness properties then they give a quality certificate.
Quality Control Test Methods In Dyeing And Finishing Industry
Most of the knit dyeing industry assures the quality of the products of the dyeing section in the following three steps:
- Dyeing section
- Finishing section
The followings are the procedure for quality tests:
Now, I like to give a short idea about the quality assurance procedure of textile materials in different stages of dyeing and finishing.
In the laboratory:
In the following way, the quality of the material performs in the laboratory.
- Swatch cards from buyers according to their requirements.
- Recipe prediction for sample dyeing by manually or CCMS.
- Sample dyeing until matching with swatch card.
- lastly, they measure different colors Fastness, and other tests of the fabric or yarn.
In Dyeing Section:
In the dyeing section, by the following way, they check the quality of the products. They are-.
- According to the buyer’s sample, sample dyeing is done in a sample dyeing machine in the dyeing shed, again matched with the approved sample.
- If the result is OK, then move to bulk production.
- During dyeing, samples are taken until accurate shade matching. The interval maybe 30-40 minutes.
- After the dyeing sample is collected after softening matching is done.
- Last, of all, the sample is collected after fixation & matched.
- Then allowed the fabrics to be finished.
In Finishing Section:
After passing the dyeing section, different fabric properties are added to the finishing section by applying different finishes.
- By using a series of finishing machines; correct width, softness, and appearance are maintained according to requirements.
- Then sampling is done several times to test GSM, Shrinkage & fastness properties.
- Finally, the fabric is inspected & prepared for delivery.
A quality control department is a busy department if they do their job perfectly. A quality controller should have enough knowledge about the quality standard of the different fastness measurement process. Otherwise, all will be hampered.
So, be careful about the quality of the textile materials.