Ramie is a vegetable cellulosic fiber also it is called china-grass. Additionally, the demand for ramie fibers is increasing day by day. These ramie fibers are used with the different fibers for blending. These blended fibers properties are well. Here, I have written about the properties of ramie fibers. Also, one should know the advantage and disadvantages of ramie fiber.
Properties of Ramie Fibers:
The following are the properties of ramie fibers. They are-
- Firstly, ramie is a cellulosic natural fiber.
- Secondly, it is one of the strongest fiber then others.
- Thirdly, it gives better result when it wet.
- Then,ramie is a durable fiber.
- After that, it has strong ability to hold shape, reduce wrinkle.
- Luster of ramie is also fine and silky and it creates good appearance in fabric.
- Ramie processing is as like linen fiber indeed.
- Lastly, its durability is high.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Ramie Fibers:
I have written about the advantages and disadvantages of ramie fibers. The following are the advantages and disadvantages of ramie fiber. They are-
Advantages of Ramie Fibers:
The following are the advantages of ramie fiber. They are-
- Firstly, ramie fiber usesfor blending with other fibers.
- Secondly, it resists the attack of bacteria, mildew and other insects.
- Thirdly, its absorbency properties are extremely high.
- After that, dyeing process could be done easily.
- Therefore, strength of ramie fibers increases in wet condition,.
- During laundering, it also withstands with water temperature.
- Its luster appearance improves with washing simultaneously.
- Basically, it strongly holds its shape and does not shrink.
- Bleaching can be perform with ramie fiber and cloth indeed.
- Lastly, ramie fiber uses for blending with other fibers.
Disadvantages of Ramie Fibers:
The following are the disadvantages of ramie fiber. They are-
- Firstly elastic properties of ramie fiber are low.
- Secondly, ramie has lack resiliency.
- Thirdly, it is hardy than other fibers.
- After that, it has low abrasion resistance.
- Ramie also wrinkles easily.
- Lastly, it is stiff and brittle.
So, that’s all about the properties of ramie fibers. By knowing the advantage and disadvantages of ramie fiber one can get knowledge of ramie fibers.
1 thought on “Properties Of Ramie Fiber || Advantages And Disadvantages Of Ramie Fiber”
Will Ramie fabric keep you warm or is it more of a fabric for summer and keeping you more cool then warm?