Cellulose Acetate Rayon
Cellulose Acetate Rayon fiber is produced by mixing various chemical complexes with cellulose. Markedly, it is softer than viscose rayon. Hence, acetate rayon is soft among all the textile fibers. But it is smooth and suitable to produce hygienic fabric. Cellulose acetate rayon is a thermoplastic fiber. It is cheaper than other fiber. For this reason, It applies to other fibers to produce yarn. The fabric which is produced by this fiber is not so durable.
Physical Properties of Cellulose Acetate Rayon:
Acetate rayon is a soft fiber and it has not had enough elasticity as other manmade fiber. The followings are the physical properties of cellulose acetate rayon. They are-
- Tenacity: 0.9 – 1.4 gm/den
- Density: 1.32 gm/c.c
- Elongation at break: Very good
- Elasticity: Not so good
- Moisture Regain (MR%): 6.0%
- Resiliency: Not good
- Melting point: 2300C
- Ability to protest friction: Moderate
- Color: White or colorless
- Light reflection ability: It can protect up to 2750F temperature.
- Luster: light to bright
Chemical Properties of Cellulose Acetate Rayon:
The following are the various types of chemical properties of Cellulose Acetate Rayon fiber. They are-
- Acids: It becomes soluble when immersed in acetic acid solution. Strong acids are harmful to this fiber.
- Basic: Strong alkali damages the cellulose acetate fiber greatly. It is also slightly damaged by weak alkalis.
- Effect of bleaching: It is damaged by strong oxidizing agents. But it has enough protection ability against weak oxidizing and reducing agents.
- Organic solvent: It is soluble in acetone. A dry cleaning agent does not affect the cellulose acetate rayon.
- Protection ability against mildew: Mildew does not damage the cellulose acetate rayon.
- Protection ability against insects: Insects do not cause harm to the cellulose acetate rayon.
- Dyes: It requires special types of dyes for dyeing.
Although, cellulose acetate rayon is not popular as other manmade fibers it has a great future if we want to reduce the price of the products.
So, try to use the cellulose acetate rayon with other fibers.
2 thoughts on “Physical And Chemical Properties Of Cellulose Acetate Rayon”
Very informative and good content…