Azoic dye is produced by the combination of Naphtha or coupling component and Diazo component. The production procedure of Azoic Color is different from other dyes‘ production processes. Azoic color is different from other dyes and its application process is also different.
Azoic Color is called Ice Color or magic color because it needs low temperature and after coupling color is produced within a few seconds. Color fastness properties are good to excellent.
Properties of Azoic Dye:
The azoic color has some characteristics. The following are the properties of azoic color. They are-
- Firstly, azoic dye is a water insoluble dye.
- Secondly, azoic color cosist of two components; such as Azoic coupling component and Azoic Diazo component
- Thirdly, coupling is necessary for color production,.
- Therefore, coupling is done in alkaline condition.
- After that, textile dyeing operation is completed by two bath arrangement such as developing bath and impregnating bath.
- Basically, applicable for cellulosic fibers.
- Also, the time of application is lengthy.
- Moreover, very bright shade produce by Azoic Color.
- Additionally, a fastness property of the textile material which is dyed by Azoic Color is good to excellent.
- However, azoic Color is comparatively cheap in price.
- Furthermore, wash fastness of azoic dye is very good.
- Dyeing process is run by three processes such as Naphtholation, Diazotization and Coupling.
- Final color produce within few seconds after immersing the textile materials in the dye solution.
- Lastly, it uses for lighter shade dyeing.
Advantages of Azoic Color:
There are some benefits of azoic color. The following are the advantages of azoic color. They are-
- Firstly, color fastness of azoic color is good.
- Secondly, it has wide color range.
- Also, it has ability to absorb light.
- Lastly, the environmental impact is low.
Above all, azoic Color uses for coloring small amounts of textile materials dyeing. Therefore, it is suitable for small-scale industries. Besides, the azoic dye dyeing process is not popular as reactive dye or disperses dye dyeing.
So, select your dyes as you need.