Fabric Spreading Methods
Mechanical spreading and manual spreading are two types of fabric spreading. These two types have some advantages and some limitations of use. Anyhow, I have given the features of mechanical spreading and advantages of manual spreading below.
Advantages of Mechanical Method:
The following are the advantages of mechanical methods of fabric spreading. They are-
- High production is achieved by mechanical method.
- Arrangements available for counting number of plies.
- Cutting devices available at the end of each ply.
- Auto leveler available to flat the fabric.
- Photo-cells available for selvedge alignment.
- Speed controller available to ensure uniform tension.
- Grinding wheel available with the cutter.
- Fabric loading and unloading device available for nonstop spreading.
- A platform is available for the operator by which he/she can sit or stand during spreading.
- Low labor cost.
- Suitable for large scale apparel industry.
Advantages of Manual Fabric Spreading:
The following are the manual methods of fabric spreading. They are-
- Easy to operate.
- Investment low.
- Suitable for small scale garment industry.
The manual fabric spreading method is popular in the sub-continent because manpower is available here also they are cheap.