Fabric spreading is the process of laying fabrics one over one on the fabric spreading table. Different yarn, knitting, woven, dyeing or finishing faults are appeared on the fabrics. During spreading; spreader should identify the faults.
Common Fabric Faults found In Fabric Spreading: Following fabric faults are found during fabric spreading. They are-
- Slub: Slub is a yarn fault. It is occurred due to wrong spinning process. But sometimes, slub yarn is used for fabric making that is not the fabric faults that is fashion. In that case, slub is found after a defined interval.
- Fly Yarn: Fly yarn is that which is found with the main yarn. It is a knitting or woven fault. So, fabric manufacturing floor should keep clean.
- End Out: It is a weaving fault. It is occurred in weft yarn.
- Double yarn or Mixed Yarn: It is a weaving fault and it is occurred in the warp yarn direction.
- Miss Pick: Due to missing of the weft yarn in the fabric a gap is create in the fabric. It is a weaving fault.
- Shading: Shade variation is a major problem of fabric. It is a dyeing fault. In a fabric layer, shade should be uniform.
- Spots: Sometimes dye spot found in the dyed fabric. It is a dyeing fault.
- Stains: During carrying of fabric from one place to another place a problem could be found in the fabric that is stains. It is cause due to soil mark.
- Crease Mark: Crease mark is a finishing fault.
- Holes: It is a knitting fault.
So, when a fault is found in the fabric spreading, the spreader of fabric should mark the faults. Otherwise, fault of the fabric could be the cause of garment rejection. So, be careful about the fabric faults.