Batching is the receiving section of grey fabric and sending section of grey fabric to the dyeing section which will dye. Batching is the process to get ready the fabrics which should be dyed and processed for a particular lot of a particular order.
Function or purpose of batch section: In batch section; In charge of batching do the following work for accelerate the next dyeing process. In charge of batching section have to careful during make a batch. Followings are the functions of a batching section:
- Roll formed grey fabrics are received from the knitting section or others source.
- Turning is done for grey fabric by turning machine if required.
- To prepare the batch of fabric for dyeing according to the following criteria. A batch card contains the following information.
- Order sheet (Received from buyer)
- Dyeing shade (Color or white, light or dark shade)
- Machine capacity
- Machine availability
- Type of fabrics
- Emergency order
- To send the grey fabric to the dyeing floor with batch card/
- To keep records for every previous dyeing.
Proper batching criteria:
- To use maximum capacity of existing dyeing machine.
- To minimize the washing time or preparation time or machine stopping time.
- To keep the number of batch as less as possible for same shade.
- To use a particular machine for dyeing same shade.
Batch management: Primarily batching is done by dyeing manager taking the above criteria under consideration. Batch section in charge receives this primary batch plan from dyeing manager. According to machine condition or emergency purpose this batching schedule can be changed some times.
In batching section grey fabrics are weighted for ensuring the actual weight. We know that during knit dyeing process fabrics loss some weight due to scouring and bleaching process. So, during delivery a certain amount of weight loss is adjusted with the delivery quantity.
So, look up the batching section for proper batch making and accelerating the next dyeing process.