The yarn which is used for weaving or knitting could be grey or dyed. Yarns are the main element of weaving. Before weaving it needs to be prepared. The yarn which is collected from the spinning section can not be used in the loom directly. Before using it in loom it is processed in various ways. All of that’s activities are called yarn preparation. The performance of the weaving and knitting section mostly depends on the yarn preparation techniques.
Necessity of Yarn Preparation For Weaving and Knitting
The Necessity of Yarn Preparation for Weaving and Knitting:
Yarns are prepared for weaving in various ways. The following are the key necessity of yarn preparation for the weaving and knitting process. They are-
- Firstly, yarn faults are removed by yarn preparation process.
- Secondly, by this process yarns are transferred from spinning package to a convenient form of package that will facilities the weaving.
- Thirdly, it uses to clean the yarn for better appearance and performance.
- After that, yarn preparation is necessary to get desired length of yarn in package.
- It also helps to get better quality fabric.
- Finally, during yarn preparation unwanted dust and hairy fibers are removed.
After yarn preparation; yarns are used for making a beam which is called warp yarn and another set of yarn is used for insertion through the warp yarn is called weft yarn.
So, yarn preparation plays an important role in the weaving or knitting field.