Table of Contents
Bangladesh Handloom Board
Bangladesh Handloom Board (BHB) is a government organization in Bangladesh. This board is a part of the Ministry of Textiles and Jute. BHB takes different steps for the development of handloom weavers. BHB is trying to reach its goal by fulfilling its vision and mission. As a result, we see their great achievements in every financial year.
Visions Missions and Functions of BHB
Visions of Bangladesh Handloom Board:
- Firstly, to develop and sustain the handloom weaving industry by using the developed technology.
- Secondly, to extend the handloom weaving industry with the development of the status of handloom weavers all over the country.
- Finally, to establish a stronger handloom weaving industry
Missions of Bangladesh Handloom Board:
- Firstly, to give service to the handloom weaver by the country’s field-related officials.
- Secondly, it united the handloom weavers by establishing different groups.
- Thirdly, the training program is arranged to increase the production capacity, efficiency, and quality of the products.
- To finance the handloom weavers through a microcredit program.
- To provide a special facility for Jamdhani and Benaroshi weavers.
- Finally, to extend the marketing facility of the handloom weaver’s product throughout the country and all over the world.
Functions of Bangladesh Handloom Board:
- To conduct a facility survey for counting the handlooms of the country and preserving the records.
- To provide service and develop the handloom industry.
- Making microcredit facilities for the handloom weavers.
- To provide essential instruments and raw materials for the handloom weavers.
- Also, the handloom board provides a warehouse facility for the handloom weavers.
- BHB advertises for the extension of the products of handloom weavers.
- BHB helps with marketing handloom products.
- Different training programs train handloom weavers.
- Different steps are taken by the handloom board for the development of handloom weavers.
In Bangladesh, handloom products are attractive to the people of Bangladesh. Most people use the products of handloom. As a result, day by day, the range of handloom products is extended.