Table of Contents
Bangladesh Handloom Board (BHB)
Bangladesh Handloom Board (BHB) is a type of organization that is responsible for taking necessary action for the well-being of handloom weavers. This organization is doing its work at the root level of the country. Handloom weavers and their products are the main concern of BHB. BHB makes workshops to train handloom weavers, and sometimes they train the weavers from their training institute. Skilled and trained instructors are doing their work for the handloom weavers. BHB has some regional offices from which handloom weavers can get suggestions and necessary instructions.
BHB is looking to save traditional products that are lost in the present day, such as muslin. At present, BHB has set up a muslin weaver, Polly, to produce muslin. Muslin is a traditional product in Bangladesh. The expert team is working to do this great job.
Services of Bangladesh Handloom Board (BHB)
Bangladesh handloom board gives lots of services to handloom weavers. The following are the major services that are provided by BHB: They are:
- A country of origin certificate is given by BHB for the handloom products that are produced by handloom for export to a foreign country.
- BHB helps the members of Weaver’s Samiti participate in local and international fairs.
- BHB gives loans to small and local weavers to provide capital and run up handlooms that are cannibalized.
- BHB provides the following services through their service center: twisting, dyeing, sizing, singing, washing, printing, stantering, calendaring, and others.
- BHB gives training to the handloom weavers for improving their efficiency, product quality improvement, weaved goods production, and technical efficiency.
- BHB has spread out its services for the development of handloom weavers as well as for improving the economics of the country.
In Bangladesh, handloom weavers are trying to manufacture products for the people. If handloom weavers are properly trained and get loans and other facilities from the government, then they will be able to make great contributions to national GDP growth.