The quality manager plays the principal role in the management. The quality manager manages the whole process from his position. If the manager falls down then the whole system will be hampered. So, the manager should know his role in the process of management. Knowledge-based management can grow more rapidly than unskilled management. There are seven principles for total quality management. A quality manager should focus on that’s principles.
Principles of a Quality Management:
Here, I mention some principles of a quality manager. The ISO 9000:2015 and ISO 9001:2015 standards are based on seven quality management principles. According to ISO, the seven quality management principles are as follow:
- Customer focus: Manager will consider the demands of a consumer. Specifically, he or she will give focus on customer demand. Subsequently, on depending on the demands of the customer, manager will set up his plan for serving them. If the manager can not realize the needs of the customer then it will be hard to survive in the market.
- Leadership: Manager will lead his team from the front. He will give instruction to his team member.
- Involvement of people: Manager will involve the people in the process.
- Process approach: Process approach shout be in time. This will give desired result.
- System approach: checking the all stages of production process.
- Continual improvement: Manager will continue the process improvement.
- Factual approach to decision making: Manager will take effective decisions on the data analysis & information.
Edwards Deming– (1950) formulated attentions for managers for increasing their quality that include key concepts such as:
- Break down barriers between departments.
- Managers should learn their responsibilities, and take on leadership.
- Supervision should be to help people and machines and gadgets to a better job.
- Improve constantly and forever the system of production and service.
- Institute a vigorous program of education and self improvement.
Improving Techniques to Be a Quality Manager:
Finally, a quality manager should maintain four main components:
- Quality planning.
- Control on Quality.
- Quality assurance, &
- Quality improvement
Techniques of improvement:
The manager will change the process for good results. Here, he or she will give the lead. The manager will get success when he or she can involve people in the process. Moreover, the quality manager will follow the quality standards and improvement. A quality manager is very much needed in production units such as spinning, fabric manufacturing, wet processing as well as garment sector.
So, the quality managers will study for getting more knowledge about the present position of the product in the market. Finally, rapid analysis can give good results.