Knit fabrics are produced from circular knitting machine or flat bed knitting machine. Circular knitting machines are two types, they are single jersey or double jersey knitting machine. This two type’s machine has different cam arrangement settings, which is responsible for design production.
Anyhow, production of knit fabrics depends on various factors. By developing the following factors we can increase the production of knit fabrics.
- Machine Speed: Production per hour depends on the speed of the machine. Higher the machine rpm, faster the movement of needle which increase the production. But we should make sure that, this higher speed will not impose excess tension on yarn. Excess tension on yarn can increase the breakage of yarn which is not desired.
- Number of Feeder: If the number of feeder increases in the circumference of cylinder, then the number of courses will be increased in one revolution at a time. Which is responsible for increasing the production.
- Machine Gauge: Machine gauge also effect the production of knit fabric. Machine gauge vary depending on the type of machine and Manufacturers Company. Higher gauge machine gives higher production.
- Automation System: By imposing automation in the machine, production can be increased. Following automation can be added for higher production.
- Quick starting and stopping for effective driving system.
- Automatic machine lubrication system for smooth operation.
- Photo electric fabric fault detector.
- By imposing other developments: Following development can increase the production.
- Creel feeding system can increase the production.
- Applying yarn supply through plastic tube that eliminates the possibilities of yarn damage.
- By using yarn feed control device.
In modern time different advanced facilities added to the machine features, which will facilities the more production.