Table of Contents
Uses of polyester fiber worldwide. However, it uses for manufacturing fashionable dresses and others materials. Polyester contains the ester functional group in its main chain. It is developed by DuPont in 1946 and was sold under the tradename Terylene. however, the common polyester fibers are composed of terephthalic acid and ethylene glycol (PET).
Polyester fabrics and yarns that produce from this type of polyester type are strong, very elastic (springs back into shape), and have high abrasion as well as wrinkle resistance properties. After all, polyester fiber is not stronger than nylon fiber.
Uses of Polyester Fibers and Fabrics
Polyester uses for manufacturing fashionable dresses because it can resist wrinkling and its washability is excellent. It is a frequent choice for children’s wear for its toughness. Polyester blends with other textile fibers such as cotton to get the best results. There are lots of areas of polyester fiber application. The following are the uses of polyester. They are-
- Firstly, polyesters use for making several types of woven garments from polyester yarns or threads. Such as shirts, jackets, pants hats, etc.
- Secondly, it is also used to manufacture different home furnishings materials such as curtains, bed sheets, blankets, and pillowcases.
- Thirdly, the application of this polymer is in the manufacture of mousepads indeed.
- Then, Polyester uses in upholstered furniture as well.
- After that, it uses in the manufacture of certain types of car tire reinforcements.
- Earlier, the safety belts that use in automobiles were often made up of polyester along with other components.
- In the meantime, conveyor belts are also made up of polyester.
- Later, depending on its insulating properties and its relatively soft texture, it uses in cushioning materials for pillows production. Besides, upholstery padding made up of polyester
- Next, it has applications in the manufacture of coated fabrics.
- Simultaneously, certain types of polyesters use to produce bottles and in the production of tarpaulin.
- When polyester fabrics are highly resistant to staining it is ideal to use as a tablecloth.
- Also, it uses to manufacture dielectric films that are used in capacitors.
- Furthermore, LCDs are manufactured with the help of certain polyesters.
- Polyester uses as a component for high-quality finishes for wood products.
- Polyesters use as finishing materials for guitars, interiors, and some pianos.
- Lastly, it uses as film insulation in insulating tapes and some wires.
Characteristics of Polyester Fibers and Fabrics
The following are the characteristics of polyester fibers. They are-
- Firstly, Polyester is a strong fiber.
- Secondly, it has great resistance to most chemicals.
- Thirdly, resistance to stretching and shrinking properties is good.
- Then, it is crisp and resilient when wet or dry.
- After that, it has strong mildew-resistant properties.
- Afterward, quick dye absorbency in the dyeing bath.
- In the meantime, it has wrinkle-resistant capability.
- Abrasion-resistant of polyester is admirable.
- Later, it is easily washed of polyester materials.
- Lastly, retains heat-set pleats and creases.
Above all are the common uses of polyester fiber and fabrics. Thus, one can choose polyester and its blended fabrics for use. In addition, when a person wants to buy a polyester fabric he or she should consider the characteristics of polyester along with the price of it. Basically, a polyester product is cheaper than a natural fiber product although it has a different biological impact on the environment. A piece of polyester fabric is very glossy than a natural fiber fabric. There are lots of advantages to using polyester fabric over natural fiber products. The demand for polyester fabric depends on the taste and purpose of the consumer.
So, select your desired one as your choice.
I’m a textile engineer who loves sharing industry insights on my blog. If you need backlinks or articles, I’m your go-to person. I write engaging content about textile technology and industry trends. Let’s collaborate to showcase the latest innovations and drive the conversation forward.