Textile and Clothing in Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka is a pioneer in the textile industry. However, the island country has a long history of textile production, with the earliest dating to the 5th century B.C. Over the ages, Sri Lanka has developed into a major producer of clothing and textiles, with the industry making a sizable contribution to the GDP of the nation. Basically, this is a significant industry in Sri Lanka, which contributes significantly to the job situation there. As a result, the sector has over 1 million workers. In recent years, many facilities have been made accessible for foreign investment, and this fashion industry has seen an increase in investment as a result of numerous foreign businesses setting up production facilities in Sri Lanka. Additionally, the Sri Lankan government has implemented a number of incentives.
A pioneering international clothing company is Hirdaramani. One of Sri Lanka’s leading textile and apparel companies is Hirdaramani Apparel. But it has a long history of setting the bar high for Sri Lanka’s clothing manufacturing sector. The tradition started in the early 1900s when Parmanand Hirdaramani opened the first Hirdaramani retail clothing store in Fort, Colombo, at the age of 16. They have always been in the lead since then. They continue to employ their inventive vision and cunning thinking as entrepreneurs at heart to provide their partners with original solutions. This company produces a variety of textile and apparel products, including T-shirts, jackets, isolation gowns, and coveralls.
- Address: Level 23 West Tower World Trade Center echelon 1 Square Colombo, Colombo, Western, 00100, Sri Lanka
- Phone Number: +94 114797000
- Fax: (+94) 11 2446135
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.hirdaramani.com
MAS INTIMATES PVT LTD
MAS INTIMATES PVT LTD was established in 1987. It is a top producer and exporter of textile goods in Sri Lanka. This company manufactures a variety of clothing items, including underwear, nightgowns, disposable (gown/head cover/coverall/shoe cover), etc.
- Address: 7Th Lane, Off Borupana Road, Kandawala, Ratmalana
- Telephone: (94) 11-4207300
- Fax: (94) 11-4207333 (94) 11-4207366
- Website: https://www.masholdings.com
MAS ACTIVE TRADING PVT LTD.
The company MAS ACTIVE TRADING PVT LTD. was founded in 2005. MAS Active, on the other hand, creates ground-breaking clothing options that are intended for optimal comfort and agility. This fashionable, “next to skin” activewear and high-performance sportswear is created for increased results, whether worn by amateurs, pros in the field of sport, or international celebrities. In essence, they manufactured a variety of garments, including sportswear for men and women.
- Address: 231, D.M. Colombage Mawtha Nawala Road Nugegoda
- Telephone: (94) 11-4828500 (94) 11-4828562
- Fax: (94) 11-4828555
- Website: https://www.masholdings.com
BRANDIX APPAREL LTD.
In 1970, BRANDIX Apparel Ltd. was established. It is the top provider of garment solutions in Sri Lanka, and for more than 40 years, they have offered Inspired Solutions to well-known companies all over the world. They have also been able to deliver millions of garments to their clients because of their vertically integrated supply chain, expanding worldwide network of manufacturing and operating locations, motivated workforce, and infrastructure. Brandix has established itself as a pioneer in the apparel industry because of a combination of these, its proficiency in product creation, research, and development, unmatched speed in delivery, and an everlasting commitment to delivering a wonderful product. They are producing different types of textile and clothing products and services such as garment Items, product development, Innovation, apparel supply chain, fabric reusable masks, disposable masks, and gowns.
- Address: 409 Galle Road, Colombo 3, Sri Lanka.
- Telephone: + (94) 11 4727222
- Fax: +(94) 11 2575485
- Website: https://www.brandix.com
Founded in 1991, Hela Clothing. One other significant producer and exporter of clothes and textiles in Sri Lanka is Hela. Different types of clothing and accessories are designed and produced by them.
- Address: Balapokuna Rd No 35, Colombo, Western, 00500, Sri Lanka
- Phone Number: +94 114324393
- Website: www.helaclothing.com
OMEGA LINE LTD.
Calzedonia Finanziaria of Luxembourg, Omega Line’s parent firm, has also invested in three additional Sri Lankan businesses: Sirio Limited, Alpha Apparels Limited, and Benji Limited. Each year, these four businesses ship 95 million garments. The underwear brands they create include Calzedonia, Intimissimi, Tezenis, and Falconeri, some of the most well-known in Europe. Over 3000 retail locations across Europe, the Americas, Russia, and the Middle East carry these products. This company manufactures a wide range of goods, including nightgowns, pajamas, bathrobes, dressing gowns, and similar items, as well as T-shirts, singlets, and vests for women and girls.
- Address: Singakkuliya Road, Irabadagama, Sandalankawa
- Telephone: (94) 31-4879000
- Fax: (94) 31-4879034
- Website: Omega Line
A T G LANKA PVT LTD.
Established in 1992, A T G LANKA PVT LTD ATG® creates, develops, and produces gloves that improve the functionality of the most complex work tool, the hand, but they also place a strong emphasis on innovation and quality. Look no further if you’re looking for the most robust gloves available that also provide unmatched comfort and are assured to be skin-friendly. They produce working gloves, essentially.
- Address: Spur Road 7, Phase II IPZ Katunayake
- Telephone: (94) 11-24838900
- Fax: (94) 11-2253887
- Website: http://www.atg-glovesolutions.com
JAY JAY MILLS LANKA PVT LTD.
In order to launch a small firm, an aspirational businessperson made the initial step in 1971 and began to write the first chapter of their successful tale. He had a huge dream of taking his company global and providing thousands of people with jobs. They are pleased to have grown from a small beginning to become one of the top producers of infant clothing worldwide. They think they can set the bar for consistently high levels of quality, safety, and affordability in the garment industry. They produced a variety of infant and kids’ clothes.
- Address: A-6, Seethawaka Industrial Park Avissawella
- Telephone: (94) 77-7666888 (94) 36-7888888
- Fax: (94) 36-2232673
- Website: http://www.jayjaymills.lk/
EAM MALIBAN TEXTILES PVT LTD.
One of Sri Lanka’s most renowned names in garment production is EAM Maliban Textiles (Pvt) Ltd. In 1974, it was founded. Maliban is the industry leader due to the company’s exclusive concentration on producing woven clothing and wet processing solutions. About 20 million woven clothes are produced annually by EAM Maliban. In essence, they produce a variety of clothing items like men’s and women’s bottoms, ladies’ blouses, and men’s shirts.
- Address: No.261 Sri Dhamma Mawath Colombo 10
- Telephone: (94) 11-2668000
- Fax: (94) 11-2699513
- Website: https://www.maliban.com/
ORIT TRADING LANKA PVT LTD
Export clothing is produced by ORIT APPARELS LANKA and sold by its trade division, ORIT TRADING LANKA. But Sri Lanka’s top denim maker is ORIT APPARELS. They produce women’s denim skirts and jeans. In the denim sector, they have excellent brand value.
- Address: No.07-02, East Tower, World Trade Center Colombo 01.
- Telephone: (94) 11-2154400
- Fax: (94) 11-2346376
- Website: http://www.oritsl.com/
BODYLINE PVT LTD
MAS is pleased to be acknowledged on a global scale for its high ethical standards and ethical workplace culture. MAS has transformed from a corporate organization to a global community that collaborates with some of the world’s top names in fashion and timelessly stylish design thanks to the nurturing of people, their passion, and their ideas.
- Address: Ratnapura Rd Gurugoda Horana.
- Telephone: (94) 34-4285500 (94) 34-4285566 (94) 34-4285567
- Fax: (94) 34-2285524 (94) 34-4285567
- Website: http://www.masholdings.com/
Star Garment Group
Star Garment Group is an apparel sourcing, design, and manufacturing company based in Katunayake, Sri Lanka. It is one of the renewed textile companies in Sri Lanka.
- Address: Ring Road 2 Phase 1 Ipz, Katunayake, Sri Lanka
- Phone Number: +94 114837000
- Website: www.star.lk
Emjay International was founded in 2005 and headquartered is in Sri Lanka. It is an apparel manufacturing company having a great contribution to the Sri Lankan textile industry.
- Address: Kotte Rd, Rajagiriya, Western, Sri Lanka
- Phone Number: +94 114419700
- Website: www.emjayi.com
Intex South Asia
Intex South Asia was established as a meeting place to connect customers from the world’s largest producing and consuming region, South Asia, with suppliers of the best fibers, yarns, garment fabrics, denim, and allied services from across the globe.
- Address: bmich Bauddhaloka Mawatha, Colombo, Western Province, 7, Sri Lanka
- Phone Number: +91 1141802033
- Website: www.intexsouthasia.com
Yuppy Socks is a company that operates in the Apparel & Fashion industry The Company is headquartered in Maggona, Sri Lanka.
- Address: 452/ 27 Munhena Rd, Maggona, Sri Lanka
- Website: www.yuppy.lk
Virtue Tape Industries
Virtue Tape Industries is established in the Year 2001. They have starting with one Machine and with our speedy progress since that time we are now able to manufacture all types of Apparel items with the installation of a wide range of machinery required for each type
- Address: Virtue Tape Industries, 234/ A, Samajawadi Mawatha, Pamunugama, Alubomulla, Panadura 12500, Sri Lanka
- Phone Number: +94 382234599
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.virtuetape.com
In sum, above are the top textile and clothing companies in Sri Lanka. This list is changeable. I have collected most of the information from the respective companies’ profiles. I think this will help one to find out the top listed textile and garment manufacturers and exporters in Sri Lanka.