Nonionic softener is widely used on synthetic fibers and their blends. It is compatible to use for synthetic fibers.
Properties of Nonionic Softener:
The Properties of the nonionic softener are given below.
- Nonionic softener is applied to synthetic fibers and their blends.
- It is fairly soluble in water.
- Its color is like creamy paste.
- Hot water should not used during the application of nonionic softener.
- Acetic acid is added to cold water before adding the softener.
- Nonionic softener is chemically fatty acid, ethylene oxide condensates etc.
Methods of Application:
Nonionic softener is used on fiber in the following way.
- Pad – dry – calender method
- Exhaust Method
Advantages and Disadvantages of Nonionic Softener:
The advantages and disadvantages of nonionic softener are given below.
Advantages of Nonionic Softener:
- Nonionic softener is compatible with cationic, anionic agents, starch and resin.
- It does not create yellowish problems.
- It is applicable for all types of fibers.
- Nonionic softener can be applied in both exhaust and padding processes.
- It is compatible with silicon and cationic products used in finishing formulation.
- It does not influence on dyeing fastness.
- When treated fibers are heated it does not become yellow.
- Nonionic softener does not influence dye fastness.
- It does not irritate human skin.
- Therefore. it is suitable for cheese dyeing process.
- It provides bulky and heavy feel.
- Lastly, it keeps fabric low yellowing.
Disadvantages of Nonionic Softener:
- Nonionic softener gives temporary soft feel.
- It is comparatively costly then other softener.
- Not easily soluble in water.
So, when you will choose the softener, you have to consider the effect of that’s softener on the textile materials.
5 thoughts on “Properties, Advantages, And Disadvantages Of Nonionic Softener”
We are the trader of textile auxilliries and want to manufacture ANIONIC, NONIONIC, CATAIONIC softeners on our end. Can we get formulation/content or any technical assistance from your side that we can compete in the market.
Eagerly waiting for your reply.
Its very informative.
Sir good morning, please help me.
Since i sniff nonionic Chemical and tuched. When the pain in my legs. What all this is due to the Chemical.