Table of Contents
What is Productivity in Jute Industry
It is important to know how to improve productivity in jute industry because every man wants to get the most benefit from his investment. In this present age, every man wants to get the most benefit from his investment. For this reason, they are interested to get maximum output from low input. Ensure that one should be careful before starting a project. One should be calculative in every step of investment. Poor management could be harmful. So management should be strong. Skilled personnel is needed for that. Man, Machine, and Money Should available. I represent some suggestions to improve the productivity of jute mills as well as textile sectors and other industries.
How to Improve Productivity in Jute Industry
Way to improve productivity: Reduction of Process Loss in Jute Mills
There are lots of ways to improve productivity in any manufacturing industry. The following is the way of process loss reduction as well as improved ways of production in jute mills. They are-
- Firstly, the standard moisture content in jute should be ensured.
- Secondly, moisture content and the correct weightiest of jute received in jute mills should be properly recorded in the register meant for the purpose under attention by the competent officers in the jute and batching department.
- Thirdly, process stock-taking should be done carefully in terms of the last Friday of every month in accordance with the guideline enclosed. They should be composed of –
- Project Head
- Accounts Head
- Production Manager
- Deputy Manager
- Concern Department
- After that, the quantity of jute received in the batching department should ensure.
- Regular checking on the procurement and issue of the actual quality of Jute Batching Oil (J.B.O) by competent personnel is a must.
- Preparation and application of emulsion on jute should be done properly.
- Jute should be conditioned properly in the batching department. Even cut jute should be conditioned for at least 24 hours.
- Correct grades and quality of jute should be received in the jute department.
- The maintenance department must ensure proper setting and gauging of different rollers of the carding machines.
- The proper carding ratio for different qualities of yarn should be regularly checked and maintained.
- The surface of the tin cylinder should be uniform and smooth.
- Standard twists for respective yarn should be maintained and excessive twists should avoid.
- Thread wastage should be minimized and brought down to standard as per guidelines.
- The starch ingredient should be checked. Over drying and under-drying in sizing should be avoided.
- The weaving and finishing department should ensure the application of water in dry beaming and damping.
- Recovery of the caddis from dust must be ensured and only actual dust should be thrown out after proper weightiest and entry into the register.
- Standard packing of finished goods must be ensured. In dry cases, it should never exceed 0.5 to 1% and standard for Hessian, Sacking C.B.C respectively.
- Lastly, representation of the jute and the batching department responsible for checking issues and receipt of raw jute should be placed frequently.
At last, the main factors to improve productivity through optimum utilization of the inputs may be listed:
- Human resources require careful handling for optimum output.
- Control of input materials in terms of quality, quantity, and cost.
- The overall calculation is needed to reduce losses in the industry.
So, we can implement the above factors in our practical life. I am sure production process loss will reduce and productivity will improve. One will reach his/her goal.
3 thoughts on “How to Improve Productivity in Jute Industry || Reduction of Process Loss in Jute Mills”
I need to know about shrinkage
Instead I need total jute prossesing project.
1) Department wise jute loss%
2) Difference % between Jutt issue to spinning and weaving production